Koehler Vs. Pelican FD Light

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which is a better light? The Pelican Big Ed 4C or the Koehler-Bright Star Responder 4C? They're both about the same price and both use 4 C batteries with fairly long run times. Im leaning towards the Koehler. According to specs the Pelican puts out more candle power, due to a tighter focus? Anyone have experience with both of these?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
i wasn't aware that koehler made anything other than kitchen and bathstuff...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As far as I know, Kohler makes faucets, toliets, sinks, and showerheads - but Koehler-Bright Star only makes flashlights.
grin.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... so noone knows anything about the koehlers?? The koehler has a bigger lamp head, bigger lamp head better??

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I have two of the Koehlers - a Responder C-cell and a Responder AA cell with LED bulb. I don't have the C-cell Pelican though, so I can't compare the two.
frown.gif

Read about the Koehlers I have here and here.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
Don't know much about the C- cell version. But out FD switched from the Pelican Stealth to the Koehler-Bright Star Responder 4 AA. About the same size and price, but a heck of alot brighter.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never had em. Played with both at the Expo, both suck - switch is terrible. In the dark, with gloves on, it would be about impossible to turn it on. I use SL NewSurvivor with a rotary(idiot-proof) switch.

Happy fire
smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i wasn't aware that koehler made anything other than kitchen and bathstuff...
grin.gif