Trio%20Beam%20McModule.jpg

Real world beamshot, Super Baby Pin:

Trio%20Beam%20SBP.jpg

Across-the-carpet-against-the-baseboard beamshot at 4 feet (still same order):

Trio%20LLS.jpg

Any questions?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice photos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
The KL-L3 is running at 1 amp, how about the other lights?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I get one of those baby super pin configurations just like you have?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what the point of this is. First off, I think you have proven without a doubt that most reflector designs generate a tighter and more focused beam.

The individual pics cannot be compared to one another unless the same exposure and distance to target is maintained in all shoots.

What's the exposure setting on all these?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the Super Pin looks really bright. It's got the biggest flood and is close to the brightness of the PR. Looks like the brightes most usefull beam (unless your going for all out throw) in a small package.
Whats the run time on the SBP? BTW does it take an AA or 123?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
dat2zip said:
I'm not sure what the point of this is. First off, I think you have proven without a doubt that most reflector designs generate a tighter and more focused beam.

The individual pics cannot be compared to one another unless the same exposure and distance to target is maintained in all shoots.

What's the exposure setting on all these?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the pictures speak for themselves, especially the one with all three lights shining on the sofa at the same time.. You may have overlooked that one but obviously other people did not, as there are three more people on the SBP list just from this morning...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I'm on the list for this little fireplug. People are pretty amazed with the beam out of my SLGI. This'll flip em out too.

Women will love me, men will want to be like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BC

LLLean

Enlightened
I think the pix are pretty useful. The first one gives us an idea what the flashlight looks like compared to the SF and Pelican. And there are 2 pix which has all three lights together. It seems that although the KL-L3 (TWAK) and P-M6 mod have tighter and brighter hot-spot than the SBP, the SBP has a very useable light in that it floods a bigger area and floods it very brightly for a single 123 flashlight. Pretty amazing.
Charlie, is the SBP using Fraen optics?

- LLL

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Britt,

If you have someone mix up the SBP and SLGI in their hands and then shine them both at something and you're looking only at where the lights are aiming, the beams will be pretty much indistinguishable from each other...so for all you Super LGI owners, no need to get one a these Super Baby Pins, same output anyway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
LLL, your assessment is spot-on and anyone standing here while I was taking the beamshot pics would agree. And yes, it is a Fraen.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
From the carpet beamshot it appears that although the SBP has a larger hotspot than the others it also has less sidespill,is this correct?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Mrd 74,

You are correct (see Wayne? People are indeed able to gain valuable info from these pitchers!), but look how quickly the "sidespill" (on the carpet immediately in front of the two lights on the left) fade to nothing. The beam from light on the right, however, keeps growing as a solid cone of brightness, illuminating everything inside it to quite reasonably great distances.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,
The SBP looks to be about the size of an E1e. Any plans to attach some sort of a pocket clip?

That's a nice light. Looks to be an E1e or KL1 mod killer. How much current are you pumping through the luxeon? Can the optic be switched out for an NX05 or McFlood? How does it handle the heat?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm EDCing a modded KL4 on an E1e body right now; however, I'm always on the look out for something new/better.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hi Chop,

Thanks for chiming in. For true throw of course your KL-L3 is still further out there, I'm just demonstrating the wider beam of the SBP that still throws quite well, casting a clear pattern on a tree out behind my backyard that's a measured 47 yards away. Actually I would say the beam of the KL-L3 is quite evenly in between the PM6 McModule's Q2H with its pencil-narrow beam, and the wider yet slim-conical beam of the SBP.

The body is 3-1/2" long, and the edge of the switch cap is pre-drilled for a small split ring or similar.

Current should be around an amp just like yours except via boost rather than buck, and yet with the Fraen it does make a very different beam (and I am wondering if there is room enough to drop a Fraen over the Luxeon in your mod). In fact is the KL4 reflector easily removable the way it is set up now? If so I may try it to see what happens with the TWAK/Fraen combo.

In the SBP the optics are all interchangeable (NX-05, Fraen 6 & 30, McFlood), just gotta watch for overtightening the head when playing musical optics. Heat is approximately the same as for all overdriven little lights, it matches the stock L4's thermal characteristics (up to 160F if left by itself on a table!) except it reaches this in a slightly shorter time. I'll do some published results once the production converters get here, these hand-soldered proto boards may not be as precisely built...