Attn Foursevens Quark experts. Re QB2A

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
just a quick question. i just tried running the QB2A head with a 14500 and it lost moonlight.

is this normal for the QB2A? it works perfectly as expected with 2 AA

Etsu

Enlightened
Just to make sure... you're running it on a single 14500 lego'ed with a single AA body tube.... right? Yeah, it should work.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
In my correspondence with FourSevens customer service, they indicated that alkaline, NiMH, and 1.5 volt lithium primaries should work in their AA and AAA sized lights, but discouraged Li-Ion in these lights.

I just checked the voltage ranges of the AA Quarks on the FourSevens website, and agree with comments above that one 14500 should be okay, but do not use two 14500's.

Etsu

Enlightened
Assuming he's using a single 14500, maybe he'll get moonlight mode back when the battery isn't fully charged, and is running closer to 3.7v.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my correspondence with FourSevens customer service, they indicated that alkaline, NiMH, and 1.5 volt lithium primaries should work in their AA and AAA sized lights, but discouraged Li-Ion in these lights..

I think that's a company line so people don't continuously use max causing long-term heat issues.... that they'll eventually have to repair. I think low voltage heads Quarks actually prefer 3V+... mine seem to "whine" a bit on ~1.5v :). As a low lumen junkie, I only use max for seconds at a time, but I like using 14500s since a quick voltage check give me accurate remaining capacity.

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks everyone

yes i'm using a single li-ion :)

all my quarks do maintain moonlight on all supported voltages. it's just this QB2A that doesn't. i guess it's defective...

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably acting like Fenix heads where a new primary battery's higher initial voltage kicks up the lowest level so i can't see a difference between it and the next level. My QTA works fine with any battery type, moon is the same for NiMH and 14500.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say it lost moonlight, does it skip the mode, does it not light at all, or is it brighter than expected? I'm curious as to the failure mode.

Level 1 becomes the same as Level 2

Level 3 becomes the same as Level 4

So i get only 3 different levels

Etsu

Enlightened
That sounds screwed up. Try it with a different 14500 battery just to make sure it's the light. Then, if running on a 14500 is important to you, send it back for a warranty repair/replacement. I've never heard 4sevens state that their low-voltage lights don't run properly on a 14500, in fact, quite the opposite.

Latest posts