Flooding in Italy

Loed7984

Newly Enlightened
[edit ] I added some more images
From some days to now in the Modena province, there are a massive flooding caused by the esondation of a river because the rains of this days . Three towns are completely submerged and we count at least 500 to 1000 homeless and a missing person. I and many others are working in turns at the Civil Protection regional command center to following the situation, and many rescue teams are on the scene. A special firefighters heavy rescue task force (the g.o.s. special excavation force ) have been alerted and will come from Rome in some times... we are making some extra efforts (the turns at command center are volunteer and not paid ) to handle this situation, and trying to avoid escalation of the emergency.
e7yduzuh.jpg
8uvebuse.jpg
zuma8e8y.jpg

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G525-U00 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Looks like a mess from here.

Are the streets/foundations stable, or is the erosion washing the soil out from beneath them?

Loed7984

Newly Enlightened
R: Flooding in Italy

The main cause seem to be the erosion of soil itself, it isn't stable anyway. And this raising the danger, at the moment is not possible to verify the integrity of the houses because the riverbank are still broken and the water still spills out on the streets.

Loed7984

Newly Enlightened
The bad news is that a volunteer as been taken away from the flooding while trying to evacuate some victims, don't know if he's alive yet... :-(

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, best of luck to you and everyone affected. That looks rough.

Loed7984

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'm just one of the many rescue team members involved in the operations. Although I have seen worst than that in my career this is even a bad situation.

Loed7984

Newly Enlightened
R: Flooding in Italy

Ok... firefighters special operations team, and a squad of simple citizens managed to close the leak on the riverbank. From 28 current month I will be directly on the scene... all peoples are in safe, despite two deaths among us...

DAN92

Enlightened
Re: R: Flooding in Italy

In the "Var" (Southeast),in the cities of "Hyères", "La Londe", "Pierrefeu-du-Var" and "le Lavandou".