Recommend bike front light with strobe/flash/SOS of 30-50 lumen

issitit

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm looking for a light with the following characteristics:

strobe/flash/SOS of 30-50 lumen
good runtime [no preference on batteries]
compatible or comes with SECURE mounts that are easily replaceable [such as those on dealextreme]
durable with some form of waterproofing
affordable (<$50)

I know there is at least one bike light that fits most of my criteria, but it did not come with a secure mount; the light flew off the mount when I hit a bump! I also had an old cateye that had the same problem and for which I could not even get a replacement mount because the securing mechanism on the light itself had broken. Anyway, I'v spent some time looking at the options for flashlights but it seems all of them have the strobe or flash mode at the highest lumen, which usually is more than a hundred lumens and hence would run out of power pretty soon.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or suggestions!

DavidAD

Newly Enlightened
This light on strobe with a 3400 battery should last about 8 hours. Conroy S-2 from Fast Tech.

issitit

Newly Enlightened
Convoy s2 at FastTech sounds good. Thanks for recommendation.

The S2 seems to be rated at 350 lumens and there exists a 1050 ma version so I don't how much lumens the strobe will produce. Anyone with any idea?

As I'm riding in a highly urbanized area, I'm looking for a strobe of maximum 100 lumens and also a better runtime would be ideal.

Last edited:

DavidAD

Newly Enlightened
Look at the X-power Galaxy xp-g r5. You should get at least 5 hours on a single AA battery.