TrustFire TR-003P4 4CH Battery Charger????

jawnn

Enlightened
I found the page, and others. I found the page after searching too long.

People at amazon think it can not. But some one here told me it can.

TrustFire TR-003P4 4CH Battery Charger? what others can operate off DC? (that are not likely to explode)

Are these actually dangerous? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...d-QUALITY-charger&highlight=trustfire+charger

I need a safe charger, that will not dysfunction.

Why are the safe lithium batteries so expensive, $20@? may be I should stick with the heavy NiMH....And get longer burn time.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
In one sense. Trustfire is the most ironically named product on the planet. You can't trust it.

In another sense they're being extremely honest. You can trust that they'll catch fire.

The reason quality cells cost more is because that's how much they cost. Cheaper cells are cheaper only because corners have been cut somewhere.

ven

Flashaholic
+1
Cheap,up to the job charger,look at the nitecore i4,can be found for $20 and imo worth it.Also will charge NiMH cells,admittedly its not the best at any cell but good enough for most.
Issue with cheap chargers is they can over charge,not stop charging when cell is at 4.2v for example.This used with a ****fire battery can end up as a disaster.Its also a lottery with ****fire products,not all are bad,some are OK..........which ones is the lottery.For the sake of a few $ more is it worth it?and its only a few $ more

"decent" cells can be bought for relatively cheap ,i find xtar/sanyo good value just to name 2. Sanyo protected cells can be purchased for around $6-$8 each........

If struggling to find charger and cells within a budget then import if cant find local(would always try local 1st).Places like banggood are well priced,as with any web site just make sure you buy good branded products.For an i4 charger and 2 sanyo protected cells it would cost around $36 ish delivered.(just an example)