suggest EDT for grandfather?

iddibhai

Enlightened
for starters, i'm a complete newbie when it comes to perfumes (like them, just very allergic to any fragrance), and i know my grandfather likes them very much which is why he'd be thrilled to get something from his fav. grandchild, but i don't know what he likes, haven't seen him in many years. any suggestions? the only names i can put with "noses" are chanel #5 and chaps/polo ralph lauren, both of which i know are very nice. would they be fitting for someone of 70+, say?

going out to the mall and trying them all on would make me sick, literally. i know CPFers have a wealth of knowledge, so any ideas would be appreciated in the $50 range for an elderly gentleman who is fashion concious <G> (would that exlude chanel #5?)

thanks.

new EDC-> Q3 MMWO NX05! thanks shiftd!

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
my all-time favorite cologne is Acqua di Gio by Armani.

i'm 19 tho.. he might be too old for the scent. *lol*

if you'd like i could mail you a small sample of it that i have left from my last bottle.. that'll save you the trip to the store.

iddibhai

Enlightened
thx for the offer, i leave tomorrow afternoon tho, so i'll just have to try some of the stores in the airport in london and see... all else failing, i think polo is my safe fallback /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
First... Chanel #5 is for women... so I definately wouldn't go there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

There are two that I like... Old Spice (Both the original and the newer Whitewater) and Obsession For Men. Although Obsession for Men might be a tad bit... ummm... powerful... for a man in his 70's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened
c#5 is for women? wow thx for the heads up.. i guess i should pay attention and look for a "pour homme" on there! sure smells fantastic though <g>

Empath

Flashaholic
No. 4711. It's rather difficult to find, but well worth the effort. It's also moderately priced, relatively speaking. It's distinctive, with a touch of citrus and not over powering.

4711.jpg

Tombeis

Enlightened
If your spending $50.00 why not buy your grandfather a nice FLASHLIGHT?

I have eight grandchildren, and I would be very happy if any one of them would buy me a FLASHLIGHT for Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened
a flashlight? haha, while it would come in handy during power outages, i'll get nasty looks from the rest of the family. as it is, *I* get looks for carrying multiple lights, but then they always want to use my lights for something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Ha! My father IS getting a flashlight for Christmas....a Streamlight TT-3C!
santa.gif