Fenix E12 Due to Start Selling January 27

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
The fenix-store website shows the new E12 should start selling on January 27. It features an XP-E2 with an optic like the one found on the E11. The pictures show the light to be able to tailstand, and it has three reasonable brightness levels (130, 50, 8). I do wish the low could be 2 or 3 lumens, but I do have an extra $26.95 burning a hole in my pocket!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha in one of the pictures it says "Prevent accidental activation and yes, it can tail stand."

Ray F.

Newly Enlightened
Excellent! I love the E11. It has managed to find its way into my pocket more than all the the others due to its handy tactical switch, great illumination and great throw. I have lamented it's inability to tail stand and have a lower lumen option, so I am looking forward to this one. I would like to see more about how you cycle through the modes. It would be nice if it remembers my favorite "on" setting.

The fenix-store website shows the new E12 should start selling on January 27.

markr6

Flashaholic
Haha in one of the pictures it says "Prevent accidental activation and yes, it can tail stand."

LOL, must have heard me bitching in several threads :D

This could be my first cool white purchase in a long time!

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
LOL, must have heard me bitching in several threads :D

This could be my first cool white purchase in a long time!
I preordered the E12 today, from fenix-store.com. Based on the way they describe the new tail switch, I expect it to be a reverse clicky. The picture that shows how to use the switch shows a complete press to power the light, and a light tap to change modes. They no longer advertise a momentary on feature like you would find with a forward clicky. The reverse clicky is probably cheaper to implement on the E12 than using the new tacital tail switch like they put on the TK12. It would be nice if the E12 came with the tactical tail switch, but I'm okay with a reverse clicky on a light that only cost me $24.25.

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
I might be in the minority here but I wish they kept the forward clicky with momentary activation.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be in the minority here but I wish they kept the forward clicky with momentary activation.

I'm with you. Although now with the reverse clicky you don't have to twist the bezel to change modes.

markr6

Flashaholic
I also prefer forward clickies and momentary, but I think it was worth having it tail stand and adding another mode. Not sure yet before trying one. I don't use my Xeno E03 very much and this sounds similar. But I think the Xeno is just annoying with it's switch recessed so much.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
On one hand, I'm still hoping "momentary on" not being mentioned in the catalog was just an oversight. On the other, I suspect that especially now that they discontinued the LD10 and LD20, they chose the E12 as the only reverse clicky in their range, possibly followed by a 2xAA E22. In less than a week we'll find out.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
....I do wish the low could be 2 or 3 lumens...

+1... a wider mode spacing with 50+ hr runtime would have really made this light sweet. But I guess when you're coming from a 30+ lumen "low" mode, 8 lms is a huge step. The modes spacing is going to appear awfully tight on this light, but I love the form factor :).

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea whether it'd be possible to use the e12's tailcap (or body) with the e11? I want a tailstanding version of the e11's ui.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have E11 but find E12 even more attractive. I miss a true low mode with E11 and the E12 has it(anyway I consider 8lm at at pretty low mode but 35lm is not for this size of light). According to picture at Fenix-store I get the impresson that E12 starts at low mode. Anyone knows more about it?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

When I posted a thread about the new TK12 (I think it's called something else now) they also said "and yes, it can tail stand."

They obviously read CPF and though "ugh... fu guys and your tailstanding needs"

:)

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does not say how the UI works. I wonder if it has mode memory or if not, what level it starts out on.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea whether it'd be possible to use the e12's tailcap (or body) with the e11? I want a tailstanding version of the e11's ui.
Hard to say without having both lights and trying to lego parts but judging by the pictures the head and body look identical so the heads are likely to lego, the tail cap might too even if different. The PD31 and PD32 have different tailcaps but they are legoable (not sure about the heads). The LD12/22 and LD10/22 tailcaps can be swapped but don't work you can't switch on the lights - not sure about the heads.