Who still offers KL4 modding services in the states?

Illum

Flashaholic
Seems like the great many I've talked to or once modified KL4s are no longer taking orders. KL4 concerned is a LuxV version, hopefully step up to MC-E. I can provide the LED but I do not possess machining capabilities to put it in.

Thanks in advance,
cheers:)

tjhabak

Enlightened
You gotta check out Tana. He's a member on here and he does some of the most meticulous, super clean work I've ever seen. He builds XPG2, XPE2 and Nichia 219 triples in KL4's that are awesome. I have several of his mods and they are easily among my favorites! Also, member Dafabricata has been known to crack open a KL4 head once in awhile and drop a single XML2 on a custom brass heatsink. I have a couple of his mods and they're great too! Love those E series builds!

tjhabak

Enlightened
You gotta check out Tana. He's a member on here and he does some of the most meticulous, super clean work I've ever seen. He builds XPG2, XPE2 and Nichia 219 triples in KL4's that are awesome. I have several of his mods and they are easily among my favorites! Also, member Dafabricata has been known to crack open a KL4 head once in awhile and drop a single XML2 on a custom brass heatsink. I have a couple of his mods and they're great too! Love those E series builds!

Oh....also I should mention Tana is in Bosnia, but he is super honest and shipping back and forth has never been a problem.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel free to send me a PM if you're looking to have a KL4 modified.
I'm in the states and have several options available.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inbox cleared.:thumbsup:

You can also send me an email to the address in my profile since the PM box does tend to get congested.

Crazyeddie46

Newly Enlightened
I just signed up. And trying to get my kl4 modded. Dafabricata how can I get in touch with you? It's telling me I have to post 3 times before I can pm or see your profile.

Crazyeddie46

Newly Enlightened
Dafabricata what's a p7 upgrade for kl4 cost? I'm unable to pm because I need to post 3 times.

Crazyeddie46

Newly Enlightened
If I wanted to turn my kl4 in to a hand held torch. Looking for bright with a good throw to it. Would a p7 be what I'm looking for or are there better upgrades?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I wanted to turn my kl4 in to a hand held torch. Looking for bright with a good throw to it. Would a p7 be what I'm looking for or are there better upgrades?

I realize this post is a couple months old, but I will put this out there anyway.

P7 is a fairly outdated emitter now. Smaller emitters with higher output can be had now. My suggestions would be this. For a single cell light ( 17670 3.7V ) an XML2. This would render about 800-900 OTF lumens. For a 2 li-ion setup you could get as much as 1800 out of an XHP-50.

I would be willing to offer either of these upgrades to a KL4 head if anyone is still interested.

PM is fine or email vesture_of_blood at hotmail.com

Latest posts