Coast™ LED-Lenser™ Turbo Torches™ at Costco

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Just found these at Costco today for $18.49:

Includes an extra AA battery, lanyard, and a case for the larger light. They use the same type of double-convex lens as the X1, Rebel, and others.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
AA battery sounds strange ...
I only know of the V2 Mini Moon that uses 1xAAA and the V2 Moon Spot on 3xN-Cell ....
do you know more about this V2 light on 1xAA?
bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif don't know this strange V2 then. Mine are all ok, not super lights, but certainly ok and not junky. And I haven't got one with a AA-battery.
hm ...
bernhard

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I picked up a few sets as Christmas gifts. One for my stepdad who uses a lantern to get to the bathroom, another for my brother who flies a lot.

I am impressed by the 1 AA cell V2 (the bigger light on the right). As flashlightlens says, it's a very solid feeling light.

The beam of the V2 is as bright as the 3 light version (which was bright) but the beam is fairly narrow. The beam is about 2 feet across at 7 feet.

The little one (V1) uses 4 button cells and has similar baem, but the beam is a touch wider.

It's amazing what they have done with pocket lights.

Daniel

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yes, LedLensers do put out good and powerful beams, their problem is the construction that cannot meet higher quality criteria like Arc or SF ...
bernhard

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
hey Kiessling, I only just noticed the 2nd part of your location. Ein Witz, ja? Manchmal ist "alt" nicht so schlecht /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Olivier

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernhard,

next time walking/driving buy a MediaMarkt take a look - I just yesterday saw they had LedLensers there for the first time and they did had a pretty impressive lineup - almost a square meter large area only with those products.

Klaus

jbroker83

Enlightened
I just bought a Coast V12 Turbo Tek Torch

on sale for 9 dollars....it's a LED Lenser that runs on 3 "N" batteries....anyone know if these are any good or are just junk....it puts out a fair amount of light for one LED, much brighter than my PT Impact or Impact XL

Azreal911

Enlightened
that's pretty good they carry them there and in case anyone in canada wants those led lensers, Lebaron in canada carrys a very big lineup of them. They also recently got that v2-16 multiled thingy. That thing is heavy and feels very well made. probably easily crack a skull open when needed. I was wondering if the front plate holding the leds are plastic or metal? bernhard can you answer that for me? and how waterproof is the v2-16 cause the switch is also stainless steel, nothing on this light is rubber! oh the v2-16 is around $160 CDN. ouch! that or a surefire?! hmmmm but but they don't sell surefires. Oh yeah and lebaron also sells almost all models for the twin task besides the 2D model. They carry a nice assortment of lights and headlamps. here's a link to them.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_fall/outdoors/coa_trip.pdf

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Azreal, the V2-16 Chip is a well made stainless-steel light with gold contacts, no battery rattle with good battery contact and a good output, it beats the KL2. BUT the front plate is plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif and it is not regulated or even water resistant. A nice club round the house and quite beautiful, but there's better out there.
If you'd want it have a look at the German ebay (ebay.de), there they sell for about EUR 50-70 if you are lucky.
In the end, if in doubt, go Surefire!
bernhard

P.S.: scroll down to the 3rd post in this thread to see some pics and beamshots in post 5 and read some more on this light.

mrsinbad

Enlightened
I got these yesterday. I was trying to take the little one V1 apart and when I started to pull on the LED, the switch started to move and I was afraid to force it. Is it safe to yank the light apart by grabbing the LED?

jones

Newly Enlightened
i cant recommend buying led-lenser lights:
- exotic batteries
- not even rain-resistant
- tend to fall apart
- most lights have small holes around the top which serve no purpose except "blinding" you
- most have no reflectors/lenses (why the name?!)

did i tell you i cant recommend them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif