Can the FENIX RC40 battery be reversed for battery lockout as in my TK75?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix RC40 may be able to be locked out by reveresing the battery carrier to carry it safely without switching on accidentally.

Does anyone know yet if the lockout can be done by reversing the battery carrier on the Fenix RC40?

I am used to battery packs and non-battery packs so that does not worry me.

After owning the Fenix TK75 for a long while now and seeing how well it works I am wondering if it is really worth adding any of the other lights that are near the TK75 specs or power output.

The Olight SR96 seems way too wide in coverage to do much more good than those that I already have.

At least Olight battery packs work on all of those SR larger bunch of designs!

Will Fenix be able to do that?

The Skyray Kings cover most average situations and are cheap enough.

I own the DEFT-X for zooming right in on things, so what next guys apart from that Fenix TK76 Star Trek unit?

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on the RC40 if I can work out a simple way of keeping the battery threads apart from each other whlist travelling about without being on the verge of falling completely off. The method of reversing the battery carrier around on my Fenix TK75 works well for me when I am travelling aroung a fair bit with the travelling bags banging about in the rear seat :confused:.

CHEERS

kj2

Flashaholic
First of all, I wouldn't recommend to put the TK75 battery-carrier the wrong way in. And the RC40 doesn't use a carrier, and the battery can be used both ways.
Both + and - are at the same side. And Fenix told me, they can't guarantee they will use the same battery-pack for upcoming lights.

dcr4p0.jpg

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, I wouldn't recommend to put the TK75 battery-carrier the wrong way in. And the RC40 doesn't use a carrier, and the battery can be used both ways.
Both + and - are at the same side. And Fenix told me, they can't guarantee they will use the same battery-pack for upcoming lights.

dcr4p0.jpg

CHEERS

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix RC40 may be able to be locked out by reveresing the battery carrier to carry it safely without switching on accidentally.

Does anyone know yet if the lockout can be done by reversing the battery carrier on the Fenix RC40?

I am used to battery packs and non-battery packs so that does not worry me.

After owning the Fenix TK75 for a long while now and seeing how well it works I am wondering if it is really worth adding any of the other lights that are near the TK75 specs or power output.

The Olight SR96 seems way too wide in coverage to do much more good than those that I already have.

It only takes Olight battery pack design to work well on all of those Olight SR larger designs like the first SR90 and the SR95, SR92. SR96, SR96UT.

The original batteries used in theses packs can be increased in capacity if needed during design changes in the future.

I wonder if Fenix will be using this new battery pack design in any other new lights the same way Olight has made use of the original SR battery pack design?

The Skyray Kings that I have cover most average situations and are cheap enough.

I own the DEFT-X for zooming right in on things, so what next guys apart from that Fenix TK76 Star Trek unit?

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on the RC40 if I can work out a simple way of keeping the battery threads apart from each other whlist travelling about without being on the verge of falling completely off.
The method of reversing the battery carrier around on my Fenix TK75 works well for me when I am travelling aroung a fair bit with the travelling bags banging about in the rear seat :confused:.

Sounds like a piece of rubber insulating material is going to do the trick covering the terminals up from touching together when travelling around.

No way would I try swapping battery packs from one design to another light to another.

I wonder why Fenix dropped the simple to incorporate SOS function in the RC40?

CHEERS