Sunwayman V10/11r - V20/25c

TouchOfRed

Newly Enlightened
Yo

Been looking on these 4 light now, and i'm thinking that v20/25c is to big for an EDC?
So maybe the v10/11r is a better option for and EDC? What Would you say is the better EDC?

but WHY is the v10/11r mer expensive then the v25c? (Havent found the v20c on eBay, i'm on My ipad and eBay is messed up on this ipad so i maybe missed it)

Id thought They Would be cheaper, but now i'm back to maybe buy the v25c instead because of the price..

Tanks Guys, hope your having a great weekend ! Cya

SouthernKahrCarrier

Newly Enlightened
Every flashlight is a compromise. Smaller ones are easier to carry, larger ones will generally be brighter with more run time. I replaced my PD20 (3 inches) with a V25C this week. I did not like that when holding the smaller PD20 in my palm and pushing the button with my thumb the lens was partially covered by my pinky/palm. Also, it did not operate correctly with rechargeables, and the low of 9 lumens was not low enough. Though the V25C is a bit on the big side it does not bother me. I like the power and run time I did not get with the smaller light. I was set on the V20C until I saw the 780 lumen on the V25C. Though the V25C is nice, I don't like the lack of a stop, detents, or markings on the 360 degree ring of the V25C. It also comes without a holster and has no strobe. The V20C might have been a better choice. Personally, I have decided to save a few bucks before on something I planned on carrying everyday and regretted it. Really, what is does a $20 price difference make if I will be carrying the item for a few years?

Last edited:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the V11R and the new V25C. There are trade-offs. If I were to have just one of them I'd pick the V11R. I was hoping so much to have a ring controlled 18650 light that I really liked but I have a couple of issues I point out below. Both seem well constructed quality wise.

Here is what I have noticed between my 2 lights:

1) The V11R has more gradual adjustability down at the lower level where I tend to be most of the time whereas the V25C is fairly abrupt when going from off to on and then it has a long travel upwards that seems to be gradual but 360 degrees is a long ways. If they had spent 25% of the travel down at the lowest area, I would be happier.

2) Since the V25C doesn't have a stop, it is nice that there is a fairly large area where its off. Not sure of the exact degrees of nothing but it seemed appropriate.

3) You don't need 360 deg travel of the ring.......too much. The amount on the V11R is just fine. It might be nice if it was 180 deg instead of 90 degrees though.

4) The V11R has markings. I wish the V25C did.

5) Though both have the same LED....XM-L2, my V25C tint was nice while the V11R was a little bluish..........that seems to always be a crap shot.

6) The ring is stiffer on the V11R which I like. Still smooth but seems to be dampened better. I think that helps when just wanting to move the ring a very little amount.

7) V11R is definitely smaller and easier to pocket but with the smaller battery comes the shorter run time.

That which bugs me the most about the V25C is #1 above..........the adjustability of the V25C down at the low level is almost non-existent and so this tends to be a light that goes from 15 lumens (based on my light box / meter estimates) up to its stated max of 780 lumens in a gradual fashion. It does go from 15 lumens to off but in that range is very quick and takes very little dial movement and as such isn't easy to get a low level that stays put. The V11R is way better at the low level.

So the V25C is more of a thrower (bigger, deeper reflector) with higher output and longer run time. The V11R smaller and easier to pocket and more suited to low levels but still has the ability to hit 500 lumens. I'm still trying to like the V25C and so playing with it before putting it up for sale as a catch and release.

Latest posts