The BEST Mini-Mini Floodlight There Is!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm like most people and like bright, white lights with some throw. I also have to admit I'm not a big fan fan of flood lights. They have always seemed like too little too late! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have one of lambda's wonderful N cell "Nano-Mates". I have the "turbo" head along with the "regular" head. I like the "turbo head" and I thought I'd play around with the regular head and asked Kevin how to remove the reflector. He suggested to punch it out with a small socket from the back to the front with some taps with a hammer. I put the head in a small, rubber jawed vise and lightly tapped it a few times using a 1/4" extension and a small ball-peened hammer. As Kevin said, it popped right out!

I then painted the complete face of the reflector with some glow powder suspended in clear nail polish. I let it dry for about 20 minutes, reattached it and WOW!

This is the BEST mini-mini flood light I've ever seen! It has a minimal amount of throw, (I should say almost NONE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), but it will almost light up a completely dark small room! The beam is so broad and bright for a light this size, it's mind blowing! You can light up the whole inside of a car or project light onto a complete map!

It's the broadest and brightest flood beam I've ever seen from such a teeny light! When it's been used, (even for a minute or two), the glow paint glows so brightly, that in complete darkness and the light off, you could use it's glow as an emergency light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you have a Nano-Mate and an extra head this might be a nice way to go. I think the turbo head has advantages but if you want smallest, brightest flood light you've ever seen, try this and especially since the reflector glows so bright when off! This also is coming from a confirmed; "I hate flood lights" type of guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Radiant, I have no way of posting pictures. I'm in the "past" as far as computers go. I can tell you though that this trick will make your Nano-Mate's beam as "wide" as it can possibly go with pretty decent brightness!