Tn11s tail cap issue

Sc00ter079

Newly Enlightened
I have had my tn11s for about 6 months and today while working on my clogged sink it randomly stopped working. I used a paper clip to narrow it down to the tail cap. Is there any way to break down this tail cap try to make repairs. If not do you have any other solid advice. This was my first venture in to the 18650 torch world. So I'm still learning.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it have a retaining ring that can be tightened. Most lights there is a ring on the inside with 2 holes to tightened down.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't post pics. When you take the tailcap off look down inside. and you will be able to see if there is a ring inside with 2 holes. If there are 2 holes try to tighten the ring with needle nose pliers by turning it clockwise normally, but some tighten counterclockwise.
Look through this review, and you will see the tailcap in the picture. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-(1-2x18650-or-2-3-4-CR123A)&highlight=tn11s
Could you show me a pic of what you mean by this

Last edited:

Sc00ter079

Newly Enlightened
Okay new symptom.... Took apart , clean and put back together. Turned on and light turned on then off right away and would not come back on. Repeated process and the same thing happened.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I have a TN11S, the tail cap switch failed on the second day.
After multiple emails back and forth with someone who had limited understanding of English, they finally sent me a new switch.

The light has seen very limited use, but it is nearly a year old, and is still functioning.

Good luck,
Poppy