• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Best 26650 for VN Lights

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Best 26650 for VN Lights

I am going to test them all and my simple goal is to find out:
1) Which battery pushes hardest
2) Which battery pushes hardest after 2 minutes

Nothing scientific here :)

From Left to Right

Current draw at Start UP in X3vn 3*XML2 6500K Dedome Low-DirectDrive:

47 Green: 7A
47 Blue: Protection Trip (Trip in all my VN lights)
MKNE Orange IMR: 7A
Blue Label 4500mAh: 9.5A (Winner) = = 3300 LED Lumen in the X3vn
Keeppower: 7.5
King Kong Gold: 9.2A

Kinoko: 9.6A (Winner) = 3300 LED Lumen in the X3vn

Craig over at Illumination-supply donated most of these cells for the simple test here :)

The current in all of them didn't really drop much if any after 2 minutes so we are good. I will skip that test.

Attachments

• 20140126_155949.jpg
    20140126_155949.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
The Xtar 26650 4000mAh battery works very, very well in your X10/my X10!!!

kengs reported that it produced the most "lux" of all the 26650 and 18650 that he tested for your light.:)

Last edited:

metalhead69

Enlightened
I am very curious to see how the 4Sevens compare since that is what I got for my X10vn before all the questions started on this subject.

CUL8R

Enlightened
The 4sevens and keeppower are protected cells and probably will only push 3.5 to 5 amps. The mnke is unprotected and has IMR chemistry. Probably good for between 10 and 22 amps. There are several other IMRs there that will probably do much higher amperage than the standard li-ion protected cells. Glad you are testing them all to see if everything actually comes out as we would expect it to. For instance, your X3vn should need an unprotected IMR to reach full brightness. It'll be interesting if that isn't the case! What are you testing them in?

decooney

Newly Enlightened
THANKS for putting this thread out there Vinh. Could have used it after searching for a few days this past week.

I am very curious to see how the 4Sevens compare since that is what I got for my X10vn before all the questions started on this subject.

I ordered the 4Sevens 26650 myself, not knowing much about other protected PCB batteries or the risks involved with something on the edge. I hope the 4Sevens will power my stock DQG 26650 light okay. Won't know until I try it or unless someone here already knows the outcome and what to expect. ???

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Some results posted.

5 minutes Celing Bounce Lux reading test later when I have time....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Do you have anyway to check to see if the mah capacity claimed is really what we get?

I know there are devices that does that for you. Its very hard to run down a battery and time it yourself as current drain and drop with voltage drop occurs simultaneously. May be we can do it with a light that has excellent regulation where we know current draw is constant for most of the battery cycle.

Mess with electronics you mess with variables. Variables everywhere. Rarely is anything constant...and I like constants. LOL

ven

Flashaholic
Big THANKS for this Vinh,very useful:D

I bought 2 MKNE(orange) cells 3500mah that are meant to be rated at 30A.......
From your test it shows 7A.......is this OK or should i go for a couple of the kinoko for example,in your opinion is it worth it......

I presumed being rated at 30A it would have been more than sufficient,obviously my research is missing something:shakehead

Razzle

Enlightened
Vinh, I use the 4Sevens Blue in my X10vn.....seems to work fine?

1. How would one know if the "protection circuit trips"?

2. Should I be using a different battery in this light? Is there danger using the 4Sevens Blue?

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for doing this Vinh! You put me onto the King Kong a long time ago. Looks like it is still a good bang for the buck, though if I get more I will go with the Kinoko.

"Blue Label 4500mAh: 9.5A (Winner) = = 3300 LED Lumen in the X3vn
Keeppower: 7.5
King Kong Gold: 9.2A

Kinoko: 9.6A (Winner) = 3300 LED Lumen in the X3vn"

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just a reminder. I am not selling any batteries. I got these batteries donation from illumination supply so I thought I run some short test to recommend one for my high drain VN lights.

Where u acquire ur batteries is ur choice. Thanks.

Latest posts