• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Good quality drop-in or kit for mini-mag

chilli

Newly Enlightened
I am on a submarine and can't tell you guys how fascinating this all is and i am extremely interested in building a super mini-mag to show off to the guys on the boat and maybe generate a little more business for someone cuz all those guys will want one for themselves once they see my extreme flashlight!!! what i am looking for is a kit or inexpensive drop in i am not an electrical engineer but know my way around a circuit board. thanx in advance for any assistance.
greg

red_robby

Enlightened
I second that.
you can't find a better minimag kit!
the sandwich shop is my favorite place to shop.

chilli

Newly Enlightened
they look good but a little pricey for a sailor's budget right now maybe a little later.

ksbman

Flashaholic*
Hey chilli,

I have a sandwich that came out of a Firefly that I'm not using. I believe that the Madmax's were the sandwiches that came with the Firefly's. I'm too lazy to do a search and find out. Whatever it is it looks like a Q3. It will impress your friends.

Send (PM or e-mail) me your address and it's yours.

Merry Christmas!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
ksbman...he'll need an optic also, eh?

Actually one could enlargen the hole in the original reflector couldn't they? It wouldn't work with one of InReTechs drop ins due to the design of the dropin, but I think this would work with one of Wayne's sandwiches wouldn't it...I've never considered it. I just always used the NX-05 optic...

I've got several of those old reflectors, I'm off to try it out!

============================
Wellllll, I'm back, I was in a hurry to check it out and really didn't take the time I should have to drill a "perfect" round hole (but it was acceptable for a "test")...and I just held the reflector in my hand (went slow with the drill - safety, safety, safety...).

Results: It's just "ok"...sort of like an imitation McFlood (certainly not as nice as a beam from a real McFlood). Lost the ability to turn the light off and on by rotating the bezel. You would have to have a Kroll switch on the end (which I prefer anyway).

Recommendation: Use the NX-05 optic or a McFlood if a truer flood type beam is desired!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
it actually works pretty well sigman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
it actually works pretty well sigman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Ahhh but Roth my friend...I was in a hurry, and remember you have those "skills" that we do respect so much! I'm really dangerous, shouldn't really have been holding the reflector in my hand. Also, if I had been using a drill press instead of a handheld drill, it would have been a nice hole.

Perhaps I'll tinker with it later. I do think if I took my time it would be an option! Thanks for confirming it!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you didn't put another hole in your hand did you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
you didn't put another hole in your hand did you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Nawww...I reread my post, it almost sounds that way, eh? The hand is still in one piece!! Thankfully!

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I sent him an NX-05, also.

I mentioned in the e-mail to chilli that I would send him everything he'll need. I guess I should have said so here, too.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Chilli, you have been lucky to find one of the best forum on the net
and double lucky to meet Ksbman that is one of the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif user of this forum !!

Have fun !

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Miciobigio said:
Chilli, you have been lucky to find one of the best forum on the net
and double lucky to meet Ksbman that is one of the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif user of this forum !!

Have fun !

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif