NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nitecore Chameleon Series CR6 CG6 CB6 (XP-G2, XP-E, 5mm - 18650) Review: BEAMS, RUN+

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Nitecore Chameleon Series CR6 CG6 CB6 (XP-G2, XP-E, 5mm - 18650) Review: BEAMS, R

Quote Originally Posted by zs&tas View Post
    i use red medium for dog walking, so my eyes can see everything around the beam :-) white turbo is set for when i need / want it .

Default Re: Nitecore Chameleon Series CR6 CG6 CB6 (XP-G2, XP-E, 5mm - 18650) Review: BEAMS, R

Thanks for the great review!

It was a great source of information that led me to my recent CR6 purchase. I bought it primarily for hunting use. The powerful red light will be useful for getting in and out of the woods in the dark without sacrificing my night vision. It will also be quick handy for hunting wild hogs and varmints in the dark! I can't wait to get it into the woods this fall.

Regards,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TRMORROWAR View Post
    Thanks for the great review!
    Glad you found it helpful.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Can anyone advise how to toggle between Low-Med-high for Green and Blue color.
    I 've seen one youtube review showing that the blue and green can adjustable. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    I 've seen one youtube review showing that the blue and green can adjustable. Thanks
    I'm sorry, do you mean the 5mm LEDs? AFAIK, there is no option to change their output level - only the specific model XP-E colored emitter, which cycles through modes as described in the User Interface section of my review.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    I have a CR6 and the minor 3-color emitters are not adjustable. The main white emitter has 5 levels cycled through with the white side switch. The main color emitter has 3 levels cycled through in sequence with the color side switch, then it cycles through the red-green-blue minor emitters and then back to the 3 main color emitter levels. The 3-color emitters only have one brightness level each.

Thanks Shark86x and selfbuilt. I carefully watch it again, they switch to CB6 and CG6. Now I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    Confirmed, that works on all my samples as well.

The output level is indeed ridiculously low. I don't have a calibration that low for my lightbox, as it reads <0.01 lumens. You can stare into the beam quite comfortably.

FYI, there is also mode memory for this level - if you turn the light off and back on by the tailswitch, it returns to it. So this means that you can set it up in advance. Cool find, thanks for sharing!

Hi, old thread but thought id add to it for those that are interested. I've just received this light today (cu6) and whilst playing around with it to see if i could alter the output power of the uv i have come across an additional unmentioned mode to the firefly mode (damn thats low btw, i cant even make out my boots in a pitch black room!) Anyway if you follow the same process as the firefly mode but hold both the color and white buttons down simultaneously and press the rear button, it will cycle through all the color modes besides the white.

While i dont see much use to the mode i thought id throw it out there for others. If anyone has found a way to change the output power while using the UV mode id love to hear it too.

Matt

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

I bought a modified CU6 from Vinh, awesome light!

What's the modification? I'm pretty happy with the uv, it will fluoresce my scorpion real well from the other side of the living room which is about 6m. I'm happy enough with the white, decent output for close range out to about 50m. Hard to tell how happy I'm with it atm, last night the moon was real bright.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Power boost across the board & neutral LED for white. Love it!

Hi guys!

I need some advice. I'm hunter and after reading that forum I bought Nitecore MH25 Hunting Kit with RGB filters included 2 years ago. Im quite satisfied with the setting.
    Since Chameleon flashlights have almost half of the MH25's lumens (440 vs 850), I would like to know if there would be any improvement with dedicated colored LED to MH25 with any RGB filter on. Plus is there realy twice the difference in lumens?

Thank you again, I always come back to figure out new solutions about lights and torches

Ed

Maybe I should write the question differently.

Does (or can) someone directly compare MH25 without and with filters (specialy with red and green one) to the new Chameleon white and red and/or green secondary LED (120 nominal lumens).

Thank you!

Ed

Just off the top of my head I would have to say I would expect the CU6 to be brighter in all color modes with its native LEDS as opposed to the MH25 when using filters. The thing to remember is that filters work by removing all colors except the one from a white light source, which means that the filtered beam will be much weaker that the plain bare beam.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Thank you!

Since both torches are from the same manufacturer, I think that their lumens of white light are correct (at least in comparison on relative basis), right?
    That means that whit Chameleon I get better "red" light but worse bright/white light. Tough decision :/

Quote Originally Posted by EdAhiles View Post
    Thank you!

Since both torches are from the same manufacturer, I think that their lumens of white light are correct (at least in comparison on relative basis), right?
    That means that whit Chameleon I get better "red" light but worse bright/white light. Tough decision :/
    Don't forget that lumens measurement is logarithmic, not linear. Thus what appears to be a significant difference in lumens man in reality not differ as much as it looks. The old rule of thumb was that it takes four times the lumens to produce twice the light output.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12