R1 Lawman memory function?

prop

Newly Enlightened
Hello all

I just received my R1 Lawman 20 mins ago.

I stuck the CR123 in it and tried it out. The tailcap works as advertised. I cant seem to figure out the sideswitch though. The light is set to program 1 where the tailcap provides high output, and the sideswitch is high, med, low, off.

It appears though, that the sideswitch has some sort of memory function, because sometimes it comes on in the low or med setting instead of cycling through all the settings. But sometimes it doesnt :confused:

I looked through the manual, but couldnt find anything on it.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would contact Surefire directly. They could probably help you the best! They have excellent customer service. :thumbsup:

prop

Newly Enlightened
I figured it out...the Lawman "remembers" the last mode used and brings back that mode when the side switch is activated. A Google search confirmed this with several reviewers.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! Let us know how that light performs. It is rather pricey for many of us to afford. But it is a cool light. :thumbsup:

prop

Newly Enlightened
Cool! Let us know how that light performs. It is rather pricey for many of us to afford. But it is a cool light. :thumbsup:

Will do! I'm working patrol this weekend, so I'll do a write-up next week.

Trust me, it was very pricey for me too! I hope it lives up to my expectations.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured it out...the Lawman "remembers" the last mode used and brings back that mode when the side switch is activated. A Google search confirmed this with several reviewers.

You got it. When used with Program 1 or 2, the side switch is well suited for your administrative or close-in tasks and can be left in one of the lower modes with full output instantly available from the tailcap. The memory latches in after the light has been on and in the same mode for more than 1 second.