KL1 in "moon mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibim

Newly Enlightened
So my KL1(The one with the funky optics that I posted about 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to return because I STILL haven't gotten an RMA from SF) finally went through its first set of batteries yesterday. It was kind of strange because I was out and about, using it, and it was in "sun mode". Then I get home and flip it on and out of nowhere(no sun mode at all) it's alot dimmer. Moon mode, I assumed. Kind of wierd that it went strait into it without any high output, though.

Anyway, not a big deal, sounds normal right? I agree, it is.

The strange part when I was in bed playing around with it. There was a constant noticable flicker in the light output when it was in moon mode. Is this normal? I left it on for an hour or two and it flickered the whole time.

Put in a new set of batteries and it fired right back up into sun mode, no flicker.

Is this flickering something anyone else has experienced, or does this KL1 have more problems than just the optics?

-tibim

Lightsaber

Newly Enlightened
I have noticed flickering also. At first I thought I just wasn't pressing the button down hard enough. I'm guessing the flickering is caused by something in the regulation circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.