Titanium Ultra-Lux PR-26650 SST-90 Light (2nd Small Run)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I have been asked to make another one and wanted to see if anyone else was interested as well.

Completion Date: March 7th 2014 or sooner!

1. chipwillis - V3 Dragon Body - PAID - SHIPPING
2. easilyled-V1 Dragon Body (XM-L2 5000k) - PAID - SHIPPING
3. dlmorgan999 - V1 Dragon Body - PAID - SHIPPING
4. scout24 - V1 Dragon Body - PAID - SHIPPING
5. KuanR - V1 Dragon Body (XM-L2 5000K) ???

I will have a PC version of the programmer and an online version.

The PC version can be downloaded from my website.

Here are some new features for programming. This goes for the Drop-ins and my PR-Series lights.

Up to 7-modes of programmability.

Basic Programmer

• Hi
  • Med
  • Low
  • Custom (Between 1% - 100%)
  • Strobe
  • SOS

Advanced Programmer

• Custom Brightness 1 (1% - 100%)
  • Custom Brightness 2 (1% - 100%)
  • Custom Brightness 3 (1% - 100%)
  • Custom Brightness 4 (1% - 100%)
  • Strobe
  • SOS
  • Mode Memory Enable
  • Tactical Mode Enable (Gives you a momentary function)

The website version does not have the advanced programming tab at the moment. The PC version is the first one to get the newest updates.

The different styles available are show below.

Pricing:
Standard version: $795.00
Dragon Body Version: $895.00

Payment:
I am not asking for payment until completion. If you would like to pay in advance please use the link below. Feel safe when you pre-pay with me. You will always get your product or a refund if I can not supply.

I am giving a date on these as 4-weeks. If you pre-pay and I don't have this available in 4-weeks feel free to ask for a refund. All electronics are in stock, so they will be done in 4-weeks or less.

Click HERE to pre-pay!

Titanium 26650 SST-90
file.php

Titanium 26650 SST-90 Dragon V1
file.php

file.php

Titanium 26650 SST-90 Dragon V2
file.php

file.php

Titanium 26650 SST-90 Dragon V3
file.php

file.php

Chris

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Chris, I'm finding them very hard to resist.
I'm not a huge fan of the SST-90 because its less efficient than the Cree high-power leds.
Do you think an XM-L2 would be able to be used instead? I know that it may have to be driven a little less high.
The other alternative would be to use an MT-G2, but then it would require 2 batteries in series.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sst90 has a great beam. I have some not so good 26650's and i'm getting over an hour of run time on high. I think this is the nicest large light that I have or have had. I'll get some more pictures next to other light's. Get them while you can you will not be dissapointed.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris, I'm finding them very hard to resist.
I'm not a huge fan of the SST-90 because its less efficient than the Cree high-power leds.
Do you think an XM-L2 would be able to be used instead? I know that it may have to be driven a little less high.
The other alternative would be to use an MT-G2, but then it would require 2 batteries in series.

Ok. Now you mention about being less efficient than an XM-L LED. I will actually need to test this out. Because I don't really think these are less efficient than the XM-L2 LED's. Powering this SST-90 at 1.5amps only requires 2.8v. 3.0A requires 3.0v. 6A requires 3.5v, and 8A requires 3.7v. I will need to test out one against the XM-L2 LED's and see how they compare against each other side by side. I will compare the two LED's at three different levels. 1.5A, 3.0A, and 4.0A.

One thing you will gain with using an XM-L2 over the SST-90 is throw.

If you wanted one of these with an XM-L2 instead of the SST-90 I can do that for you. All I would need to do is make a new module to hold the XM-L2 star instead.

Chris

easilyled

Flashaholic
Ok. Now you mention about being less efficient than an XM-L LED. I will actually need to test this out. Because I don't really think these are less efficient than the XM-L2 LED's. Powering this SST-90 at 1.5amps only requires 2.8v. 3.0A requires 3.0v. 6A requires 3.5v, and 8A requires 3.7v. I will need to test out one against the XM-L2 LED's and see how they compare against each other side by side. I will compare the two LED's at three different levels. 1.5A, 3.0A, and 4.0A.

One thing you will gain with using an XM-L2 over the SST-90 is throw.

If you wanted one of these with an XM-L2 instead of the SST-90 I can do that for you. All I would need to do is make a new module to hold the XM-L2 star instead.

Chris

Since you have kindly offered to make me one with an XM-L2, I'd like to take you up on this.
Therefore, please could I order a V1 Titanium Ultra-Lux PR-26650 XM-L2 Light.
:thumbsup:

I'll be interested on your findings regarding efficiency. Everything that I've read on the forum seems to indicate that SST-90s are regarded as less efficient, but nothing talks like real-time testing.

You would also have to compare the runtime and lumen output in order to make an accurate comparison of efficiency between the 2 emitters though, surely.

Your point about "throw" is another reason why I would prefer an XM-L2 over an SST-90. I prefer more throwy beams in general as long as the transition between the hotspot and the rest of the beam is smooth.

Providing the heat-sink is large enough, I'm sure you could still drive the XM-L2 at about 4 or 5 amps quite safely (I'm not sure what you're driving the SST90 at)

Thrunite's TN32 drives its XM-L2 hard and achieves 1700 lumens. So, in fact, the XM-L2 can achieve a similar output to the SST-90 when driven at higher levels.

My preference would be to use a neutral XM-L2 (about 5000K), if possible, but otherwise I'll take whatever's available.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
easilyled, Was that a Standard body or a V1 Dragon Body? Just want to clarify to make sure. :)

I will let you know what I find out when comparing the two LED's. I am also interested to know the answer myself. I will need to test the XM-L2 on a large heatsink as it will produce a lot of heat going over 3.5A. Since I don't overdrive the SST-90 it stays relatively cool. Now if I push the SST-90 to 10A then I will start to produce a lot of heat.

Chris

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really trying to allocate finances to other things for a while, but this light has been tugging at me since the first run. ;)

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if there is still a light available in a few weeks, I'll very likely grab one (with a Dragon V1 body).

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'm really trying to allocate finances to other things for a while, but this light has been tugging at me since the first run. ;)

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if there is still a light available in a few weeks, I'll very likely grab one (with a Dragon V1 body).

I felt the same way Dave, but once I saw some more pictures of these lights and familiarized myself with the UI (same as in our Copper PR lights), I found it impossible to resist. Chris has said that this is probably his favorite light that he's produced so far, which is telling considering all the many great lights that he's turned.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a soft spot for my TNC lights, as they were among the very first custom lights I bought (after a Thud 18650, and a Jeff Hanko D10). I've always appreciated the look, ruggedness, and functionality.

It is very interesting to hear that this is likely Chris's favorite. Since I prefer flood over throw though, I'm leaning towards sticking with the SST-90.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, I am with you on the subject of flood. I don't prefer all flood, but I do like to have it. I think using the SST-90 you get the best of both worlds. It actually throws really well with a nice amount of BRIGHT sidespill.

scout24, I can make you one like easilyled asked about. XM-L2 5000k LED. You should get more throw out of the XM-L2 over the SST-90. I was going to say I will do a beam shot comparison of the two but just realized I don't even have my own PR-26650 SST-90 light. :shrug:
To make this light work with the XM-L2 I will just need to make a new Heatsink module that will hold the XM-L Star.

Chris

scout24

Flashaholic
Chris- If you can make that happen, I'm in. :) Just need your PP addy and a rough timeframe. Which pattern is still available? They all look fantastic. Out of curiosity, how big is the reflector?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello scout24,

Time frame till completion. Approx 4-weeks.

All versions are available as I have not machined these yet. So you can pick what ever version you see fit.

Reflector is approx 42mm.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Payment:

I am not asking for payment until completion. If you would like to pay in advance please use the link below. Feel safe when you pre-pay with me. You will always get your product or a refund if I can not supply.

I am giving a date on these as 4-weeks. If you pre-pay and I don't have this available in 4-weeks feel free to ask for a refund. All electronics are in stock, so they will be done in 4-weeks or less.

Click HERE to pre-pay!

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
dlmorgan999, You are now confirmed on the list.

I have updated the first thread with the completion date of March 3rd, 2014 or sooner.

scout24

Flashaholic
In. :) V1 Dragon body, please. After reading the first thread instead of just looking at the pretty pictures, I think I'll go with the SST-90. Sorry Daniel! We can still share a drink, though. :) Paypal will be to you this evening with the details in the notes section. EDIT- Paypal sent.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok scout24, I have you down for the V1 Dragon body. Standard design with the SST-90.

Chris

Latest posts