• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom PCB/Driver/Electronics Service

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all :wave:

I'm not sure if there will be any interest in this at all, but I enjoy PCB layout work and am keen to help people out while making a little pocket money to help self-fund this obsession. I literally have close to 100s of project folders on my PC, and boxes beside my desk full of drivers and other ideas I started working on but got bored of half way through. If I can transfer half that enthusiasm to helping people on their own personal projects then I'll be happy.

What I am offering is my services to help design, and/or assemble electronics for your personal projects. It doesn't even need to be flashlight based!

The limit is your imagination*. Keep in mind however that this is a hobby and I am completely self-taught. I just seem to have a knack for neat and compact PCB design. AMC based drivers are the easiest to design. I have some experience with switch mode drivers. If you already have a circuit diagram I can design you a PCB to fit or we can start from scratch. I can assemble any PCB you want or just provide the Gerber files for you to seek manufacture on your own (or even show you how to go about it). I've designed a single 7135 driver that is only 10mm in diameter but uses all the existing parts from NANJG drivers (seriously it's tiny). I could theoretically design a driver with space for as many AMC chips as you want. New drivers for you aging lights. Better drivers for your expensive customs that oddly use pretty average electronics. Contact boards for use with obscure drivers. Options are endless.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Costs associated would be on a case by case basis. I don't really charge by the hour, but rather by how difficult it will be for me to work on. Of course if you require complete assembly and can't (or don't want to) provide parts I will charge for the cost of components. Regardless I will let you know how much it will cost up front and it would definitely[FONT=arial, sans-serif] be cheap compared to what a professional will charge you.[/FONT][/FONT]

If you have something you're after or desire something a bit special, please do not hesitate to PM me and we'll see if I can help you out!

Cheers,

- Matt

* I should note that while I have a reasonable grasp of electronics I'm no pro so if you're after a 99.99% efficient 1000A super buck/boost switch mode driver with HAL9000 levels of artificial intelligence all in a 1mmx1mm sized PCB that runs purely off unicorn blood you may need to look elsewhere.

* I should note that while I have a reasonable grasp of electronics I'm no pro so if you're after a 99.99% efficient 1000A super buck/boost switch mode driver with HAL9000 levels of artificial intelligence all in a 1mmx1mm sized PCB that runs purely off unicorn blood you may need to look elsewhere.

Sounds to me like you are keeping a secret stash of unicorn blood to yourself....:naughty:

Nice service you offer, might take you up on it.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dark Lord is BACK!!! Oh, sorry, I couldn't resist with the Unicorn blood statement.;) Seriously, though, this looks like a great thing for CPF. It will be cool to see what you come up with for others.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though I don't have anything right now I am subscribed as I've got some project ideas for the next year or so that may need your services.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
7 XMLs driven at 3A each running off a PCB components boost driver and 3 IMR 18650 cells. I was too tight for 26650s lol. I want to open it up and replace the LEDs with XML2 emitters but that won't be a cheap upgrade either so it can wait lol. There is a build thread around here somewhere. If you're interested I'll dig it up.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a lot of output, nice. I will look and see if I can find your build thread, thanks.

SkenosTech

Newly Enlightened
Hi all :wave:

Better drivers for your expensive customs that oddly use pretty average electronics. Contact boards for use with obscure drivers. Options are endless.

Working on a custom drop-in and agree wholeheartedly that it is odd that customs often use average electronics. It sounds like you might even have some designs on tap that would suffice. I want to run an XM-L off 2 CR123A's or 1 18650 in the 2-3A range with a focus on efficiency. If you're interested in helping let me know. :)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Working on a custom drop-in and agree wholeheartedly that it is odd that customs often use average electronics. It sounds like you might even have some designs on tap that would suffice. I want to run an XM-L off 2 CR123A's or 1 18650 in the 2-3A range with a focus on efficiency. If you're interested in helping let me know. :)

I can help but I don't have the capacity at this point in time sorry. Get in touch in a month or so if you're still interested and I'll see what I can do :)

AnoyingOrange

Newly Enlightened
7 XMLs driven at 3A each running off a PCB components boost driver and 3 IMR 18650 cells. I was too tight for 26650s lol. I want to open it up and replace the LEDs with XML2 emitters but that won't be a cheap upgrade either so it can wait lol. There is a build thread around here somewhere. If you're interested I'll dig it up.

Do you sell that driver? I have a Bike Light with 7 XM-L2 in series with a soft switch, and the original boost driver delivers 650mA @ ~19v, so I would be interested in two drivers (for two lights) that delivers 2A or 1.5A to seven XM-L in series, from 2S or 4S (whatever is easier for you, I'd rather 2S).
Is it possible for you?

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not make that driver. I bought it from a German company. Link here. The dimmer module I used was (from memory) this one.

Not cheap but both boards worked really well for me.