Crelant collimator head does not screw on.

Pssymon

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've been reading here for a good while before registering.
I already own a Sky Ray King, which I like but I wanted something with more throw, so I ended up reading a lot on here until I ended up at Selfbuilt's reviews of the Crelant 7G5 series.

I decided to get a 7G5CS + the collimator head which is stated by him to fit on the 7G5V2 and the 7G5CS. Every other post I can find online confirms this.

Today I recieved the light, but when trying to screw the collimator head on it goes for about one or two rotations and abruptly stops. It seems to me that the threads are not compatible.
I'm worried that if I tried to force it on even harder I would break the light or head...

I have added some pictures to show the light, threads and the label:

bik5.jpg

akcz.jpg

fe7c.jpg

Pssymon

Newly Enlightened
I looked some things up and noticed my 7G5CS looked an awful lot like the 7G5MT instead of the 7G5CS I've seen in Selfbuilt's review and even in the advertisement where I ordered.

Turns out Crelant now sells the 7G5CS with the same body as the 7G5MT, they just change the reflector, LED and the type number on it. The 7G5MT apparently uses square cut threads instead of triangular, therefore the collimator head can't be used.

I was looking forward to using this head, seems my only options at this time are either getting another older model 7G5CS, or part of it, or figuring something out with the seller, or having the collimator head rethreaded with square cut threads locally, if that's even a possibility.
Has anyone here tried something like this? Could it be done?

I don't look forward to sending stuff back, or ordering parts and having to wait 3 weeks again.