Favorite Finish for Metal Flashlights?

JackBlades

Enlightened
My favorite fantasy finish would be a finely bead-blasted natural titanium construction.
Maybe even heat-color certain parts for contrast!

For now it has to HA-III, as in SureFire M3...
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything but Black. I am sick to death of Black tools (guns, knives, watches and flashlights).
I do want a durable finish.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not into "stealth" or "tactical" and I like natural finishes. If I had my druther's though, I wish manufacturers would make bright flourescent colors available. When I need a flashlight or drop one, I want to SEE it!

yclo

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by Gene:
....When I need a flashlight or drop one, I want to SEE it!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's easy! Just turn on your other one and use that to look for it....
yellowlaugh.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
something durable (ha3).

i personally like black, but i also like the body of my e2e, it is a realy nice grey color.

Tomas

Banned
As hard and rugged as possible, and not royal blue.

That leaves a pretty wide range.

Currently black, dark pewter, natural, and other dark colors with a very rugged surface treatment (I.E. HA III) is my preferred.

Doesn't have to be especially pretty, just durable.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Thanks for the great answers guys! I kind of figured there was a preference for HA finishes but I'm also glad to hear that other finishes are considered desirable.

I myself love the HA finishes and also bead blasted objects. Natural is OK on some things but I always end up preferring the finish on the object after it has been anodized or blasted. I really do NOT tend to like bright anodized colors or black because it inevitably wears off and looks crappy.....but maybe that's just me. And I should clarify that I'm speaking of aluminum here, ti anodizing is much nicer.

JackBlades, your fantasy is going to come true very shortly!
smile.gif

RaginCajun

Newly Enlightened
I will always love black for my firearms, but for a flashlight HA-III works for me.

Paul

Originally posted by sunspot:
Anything but Black. I am sick to death of Black tools (guns, knives, watches and flashlights).
I do want a durable finish.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Kirk

Enlightened
I don't know...I've got some vintage metal flashlights with a nice leather covering. Feels kinda, you know, nice in the hand. Hey, but that's me!
wink.gif

Kirk