What is your Fenix TK35 used for?

polarwolf21

Newly Enlightened
A few days ago I purchased a Fenix TK35. It is my first real foray into lights that use 18650s. I bought it because it appealed to me aesthetically. I liked the specs on it, and wanted to try a light that uses 18650s. Well, it arrived, and while it is a good light, it doesn't excite me, and worst of all, I am trying to find a purpose for it. So I was wondering what people use their TK35 for. It has an ok throw, but it isn't much better than the Nitecore EA4 that I got for my girlfriend (which feels like a hand cannon to me.).

I am planning on getting the TK75 next, and I am debating returning the TK35 and using that to partly fund the TK75. I know these two lights aren't similar, and have totally different functions. I am just struggling to figure out a reason to keep the TK35. I like the light, but if I can't figure out a good use for it, I don't really have a reason to keep it. If I knew some of the applications others used it for, that might help spark some way for me to use the light.

kj2

Flashaholic
I used my TK35 mostly, when I walked the dog. Also used it some time when I walked at night, in the forest. It has quite a wide-beam, so the area in front of you lights-up nicely.
Mine, with T6 bin, has a nasty green tint and because of that- it sits mostly in his case.
Do you have the T6 or U2 bin? or the newer XM-L2 version?

polarwolf21

Newly Enlightened
Mine, with T6 bin, has a nasty green tint and because of that- it sits mostly in his case. Do you have the T6 or U2 bin? or the newer XM-L2 version?

I have the U2 version. I thought it might be a good dog walking light. I also have debated making it a light to live in my car. Like I said, it's not a bad light at all, but I really can't figure out a great use for it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
In my mind, flashlights are tools. Many times tools will sit around unused for months, perhaps years. Yet when they are needed for a particular task, the owner might Thank God because he had the foresight to buy that particular tool.

I bought my Tk35 as a back-up search and rescue light. I am delighted to have it. It might save someone's life.
It is also a good power failure light.

I've used it camping with scouts. Personally, I used it as needed, on lower settings, but was delighted to know that I had it with me should some scout go missing.
As an aside, the only time I carry my buck knife is when I am camping.

My TK35 sits on my desk. I have to admit, that every, once-in-awhile at night, I turn it on and go through its modes. It makes me smile to know that I have such a light, and how useful it can be. In reality I use it infrequently. Not because there is anything wrong with the light, but most of my flashlight use is to look at things that are within arm's reach, or less than 50 feet, and for those purposes, I have lights that are much smaller, and handier, and I grab them first.

My TN30, which I guess is close to your TK75 gets even less use. I'm thinking that if you don't know what to do with your TK35, that you really don't have a use for the TK75. If you do, then may God bless.