Nitecore HC 50 'flickering' or 'wavering' rapidly

svhunter

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm new to posting here but have read a lot. My Nitecore HC 50 seems to rapidly flicker or waver output at times and I assume this is a faulty situation. Has anyone else noticed this? Different batteries don't help, and it is usually on the higher modes. Turbo or as the battery weakens a little it will do it on 4 or 3 mode as well. The wizard pro that I also have, cranks right up into turbo and runs fine on the same batteries at the same voltages. I'm only going to keep one light, and would prefer the red lighted hc50 but if it is going to act like this I'll keep the wizard. If it's faulty I'll send them both back to be replaced with a new hc 50. Any opinions out there? Thanks.

wrcsixeight

Newly Enlightened
I've never Noticed any flickering with my HC50, and I've been using it a lot on all different levels for the last 45 days

svhunter

Newly Enlightened
Does the turbo become almost non existent after the battery is down even slightly or is mine abnormal in this way as well. the regulation in turbo has been talked about here some, but it is lousy enough on mine to wish that they didn't even give the turbo setting to cycle though. the armytek wizard pro, even when battery is in the low 3s will turbo out what appears to be full power. Man I wish this wizard had a red setting, for you guys that have the wizard pro, any ideas on a lens or something removable to give it a red option?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore's quality is iffy at best. I don't recommend Nitecore to anyone after seeing not only my own Nitecores fail, but way too many posts on CPF about Nitecore flashlight and headlamp issues.

Buyer beware!

FlashLion

Enlightened
Just want to add here that their customer service(communication) is also terrible. Although I am reviewer I can't contact them.Waiting more than a month for a simple reply... My HC50 review is very popular,but it's impossible for me to contact Nitecore...:confused: I have no this bad experience with other manufacturers like Fenix etc. Keep this in mind.

Last edited:

saypat

Enlightened
Just want to add here that their customer service is also terrible. Although I am reviewer I can't contact them.Waiting more than a month for a simple reply... My HC50 review is very popular,but it's impossible for me to contact Nitecore...:confused: I have no this bad experience with other manufacturers like Fenix etc. Keep this in mind.

this is not good news! My HC50 arrives tomorrow. I may have reconsidered had I known this. Are warranty issues handled by Nitecore, or through the dealer you purchased from? Or does it vary?

FlashLion, have u had any issues with your light?

FlashLion

Enlightened
The dealer is the first you have to contact if needed.
My HC50 works great.I use it often for repair work.

I wrote my comment to say that if someone has a problem with the light,I would like to discuss it with the manufacturer and to give them ideas for improving their products,but they don't respond to my emails.

saypat

Enlightened
Received my HC50 from Andrew-Amanda.com today. VERY HAPPY with this offering! I don't find the switch to be bothersome at all. Love the beam, and brightness. Running it on an old Trustfire Flame 2400 mAh :D Funny thing is I didn't get this to use as a headlamp! Still trying to find the issues everyone was talking about, just don't see any yet thankfully. That battery meter is too cool.

I'm not a techy person. Very happy with this light as is.

patrick

svhunter

Newly Enlightened
Just got my replacement hc50. So far it is much better. The first one must have had issues. Turbo was much weaker than this one, along with the 'flickering' once in a while. This one even has a smoother beam. Totally happy if it preforms like this. Will see over time how it does.

Last edited:

mcorp

Enlightened
Just got my replacement hc50. So far it is much better. The first one must have had issues. Turbo was much weaker than this one, along with the 'flickering' once in a while. This one even has a smoother beam. Totally happy if it preforms like this. Will see over time how it does.

Any issues so far? Been thinking of getting one since I have some spare buttom top 18650s lying around.

svhunter

Newly Enlightened
Totally love this one. The issues that the first one had have not shown up at all with this one. Really glad I gave this headlamp a second chance.

Charles L.

Enlightened
Loving mine as well. No issues with quality of any of my Nitecore lights, and head band is comfortable to boot (unlike my ZL, which I otherwise like). Lots of "poor quality" threads about many manufacturers on this forum. I've been lucky so far, as the only problem I've had with any of my lights is losing the tint lottery on occasion (were not Nitecores btw). Speaking of which, the tint on my HC50 is excellent.