Surefire a2 plus ho-a2

jso902

Enlightened
Does lumen factory's ho-a2 work on the older square model? The website says it may have issues.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
No way to tell until it arrives. If your A2 has a slightly recessed contact and the bulb is a little short then it won't make contact. You can add a dab of solder to the bottom of the bulb to increase it's length.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the integrating sphere results in this thread the new HOA2's provided approximately 13-18 more OTF lumens than a new stock Surefire MA02. Though only one MA02 was tested against the two HOA2's. Only problem with the Lumens Factory lamps is they tend to darken over time like the Stinger and Strion bulbs since they don't use halogen, so that will gradually affect output.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer round body A2's usually have more issues with the HOA2's and the older square body A2's have more issues with using newer production MA02's. Especially after using an HOA2, because the connection post on them is longer to work with the older A2's, so don't torque it down as much as a factory lamp.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer round body A2's usually have more issues with the HOA2's and the older square body A2's have more issues with using newer production MA02's. Especially after using an HOA2, because the connection post on them is longer to work with the older A2's, so don't torque it down as much as a factory lamp.

ahh dang. So many caveats.

so does the HO-A2 Lumens Factory lamp actually damage an A2 or does it not have any impact? I've wondered because the A2 regulates the bulb power, no? I got to thinking the extra current the Lumens Factory bulb might want would hurt that circuitry

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
ahh dang. So many caveats.

so does the HO-A2 Lumens Factory lamp actually damage an A2 or does it not have any impact? I've wondered because the A2 regulates the bulb power, no? I got to thinking the extra current the Lumens Factory bulb might want would hurt that circuitry

The Willie Hunt-designed Low Voltage Regulator has a 50ms soft-start circuit that protects the lamp. I believe the HO-A2 design-current is close to that of the MA02.

jso902

Enlightened
ehevu8uj.jpg

I believe this is the 4 side that you were talking about