LED Christmas Orniments

T

thepalsrus

I was in a drugstore the otherday and saw some color cycling chirstmas tree orniments. I figured that I would drop back by in a couple of weeks before christmas and pick them up. Unfortunatly, I had hit several places that day and can not remember where I saw them. I am jonesin for some color changing LED christmas orniment. Can anyone help?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If you have a Wallgreens nearby, you might find the LED color changing ornaments, like you see on this page.
Check where the ornaments on the shelf are. I found them on the same aisle as and to the right side of the light sets.
O, and they were on the topmost shelf, so be sure to look high.

T

thepalsrus

Those are cool. The ones that I saw were round like the traditional ball ornaments. I will definatly be making a trip to walgreens. Anyone else got anymore cool christmas LED ideas? Orniments and such?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
thepalsrus said:
These are pretty cool Color-Changing Led bulbs Not sure if I want to order 5000 of them tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. The writeup said that they were "incandescent" LEDs. Ummmm, yeah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
thepalsrus said:
These are pretty cool Color-Changing Led bulbs Not sure if I want to order 5000 of them tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Those bulbs, or some very much like them, are available singly at Target. They're in the night light section and come with a standard night light fixture. If I remember correctly, they're about 5 dollars. They're really quite impressive. I don't know where they come up with the "incandescent" description. They remain absolutely cool when they're on.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
Those bulbs, or some very much like them, are available singly at Target. They're in the night light section and come with a standard night light fixture. If I remember correctly, they're about 5 dollars. They're really quite impressive. I don't know where they come up with the "incandescent" description. They remain absolutely cool when they're on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they meant to say "iridescent?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
just don't overrun them. I got one of these 'night light' LEDs and the blue and green lasted about 2 weeks. the red still worked, but thats all. the bulb does get rather warm. upon opening, it is a large encapuslated led (10mm) and a crude voltage regulator with a metal oxide resistor (with a large brown mark on the board.)

And thats all I got to say 'bout that...

jeff