Your favorite Cree XP-G light and why?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So...with all these new high power emitters out, anyone still buying new XP-G lights? If so, which ones have tickled your fancy, and why?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The xml's don't really do it for me. I much prefer the xpg emitters, or the newer xpg2 emitters. My favorite...the xpg2 high cri. Why? It's comfortable.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The DQG AAA IV with XP-G2 NW 5A bin.

If it has to be XP-G, then it would have to be the Zebralight H51w.

No real reason why other than I like the lights.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Eagletac D25LC2 Mini w/ XPG-S2. Small size, light weight, great throw & a simple,reliable U.I. Oh yes, 18650 battery config.=long run times. Nuff said!

Etsu

Enlightened
Quark QT2A with XP-G2. Good programmable outdoor light, with reasonable throw, and pocket carries fairly easily. The Quark Turbo has more throw, but the fat head makes it difficult to pocket carry.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek Predator 2.5 (XP-G2). Not the king of output but hard to beat that tight, intense throw in that size of a light. Not to mention you get to avoid the odd colour variances you can get with XM-L beam.

Edit: Post 1000!:faint:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
So...with all these new high power emitters out, anyone still buying new XP-G lights? If so, which ones have tickled your fancy, and why?

Yes, I am! :) Last year I added a Sunwayman R10A with a XP-G2 R5 diod and a Foursevens Mini MLR2 with a XP-G2 diod to my collection, and I love these lights.

yowzer

Enlightened
My Zebralight SC60w. I have a Crelant 7G2-N that I'm quite fond of too, but the Zebralight really takes the cake when it comes to size, output levels, UI, looks... I don't really need a small pocket light that puts out more than a few hundred lumens. Not that they aren't fun...

Heck, I still use XR-E lights.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac D25a with XPG2

+1......and better than the D25A clicky XM-L2 in my opinion as I've owned both.

However the only XP-G light I have left is an iTP SA2. Don't want to give it up because I kind of like it as its unique.......and they don't make them anymore.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of my fav lights is my nitecore ife1, it has a good balance between flood/throw. also my tiny nitecore ex11 although thats a bit floodier id hate too think what the beam would be like with xm-l. i have the 420 lumen xp-g2 olight m20 too this has great throw for its size with runtime too. what i mean is my xm-l lights can throw that far too but not for long as they have to be driven that much harder to match throw - roughly size for size i mean. all my xp-g's have good tints, the xm-l's seem more hit and miss. maybe just me though ?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek Predator 2.5 (XP-G2). Not the king of output but hard to beat that tight, intense throw in that size of a light. Not to mention you get to avoid the odd colour variances you can get with XM-L beam.

Edit: Post 1000!:faint:

Congrats to the 1000! :party:

I agree with you about Armytek Predator 2.5. I have it in warm option and it's an insane thrower! But it has a very strong competition in Malkoff M61N, also XP-G2. These two have very similar tint but different beam characters suited for different purposes. I actually think they are both my favourite XP-G2 lights.

Last edited:

blademan

Enlightened
I just got a p 60 drop in with a xpg 2 driven at 740 ma for long runtime on 18650. It's about 250 lumens and has three modes. I really like it with the xpg 2. I carry a xeno eo3 with xpg and 14500. I love the xeno.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
My Solarforce P1 with my home built 2.1A xp-g2 3 mode with smo.

Light, good runtime with great throw.

Not an xm-l fan either.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LD12 1st generation has the best tint of any light I own. It's just a pure creamy white. There's zero blue, green, yellow or whatever other hues you can think of.

It's not my favourite light, but I EDC it mostly because of its size and UI.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
My 3V Haiku with XP-G2 arrived this very morning. Wanted the middle ground between XML and the 219 Hi CRI. So far so good :)