K40vn and Deft-X side-by-side

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just having a little fun tonight with two of my latest purchases. A K40vn and a Deft-X cool white rated at 965Kcd. I could not get a shot of the tops of the beams due to the moon being overhead tonight and a lot of reflected light with the overcast tonight and the lights still being on at the football field on the next block.
flashlightcomparo-2_zpsfe1552be.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
flashlightcomparo-3_zpsc94a81b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
flashlightcomparo-4_zps4a45063e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So sick!!!
The beam on the DeftX isn't as small as I would've thought.

I LOVE my K40VN fiat lux.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I fancied (and still do) a DEFT-X, but I literally have NO use for the X. My TN31vn dedome @6.5A throws further than I can see at night. I want so bad to have a sell off and buy an DEFT-X, but I know I would never use it.... :eek:

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree 100%. I am confident that the TN31vn is more useful to me with its spill. However if I navigated a boat at night, the DEFT-X would be the perfect light for that...

you are probably right, there is no spill light, everything in a 2 foot radius around the deft-x beam is dark:) strictly an awesome spotting flashlight or lighting up the top floor of a 40 story building 3 blocks away:D

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on your latest purchases, caddylover. :thumbsup:

Both are amazing lights in their own little niches. Best paired with a floody light. :D

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on your latest purchases, caddylover. :thumbsup:

Both are amazing lights in their own little niches. Best paired with a floody light. :D

I have an RC40, a TM26, and a BTU Shockervn. I'm good with floody lights also:faint:

houser23

Enlightened
For led based lights the DEFT-X is probably at the top of the heap as far as throwers go but there are a few modders around here that are hot on its heels.