*new* Fenix HL50 headlamp

kj2

Flashaholic
2exn32a.jpg

This headlamp was shown by Fenix at Shot Show 2014.
According a Fenix employee, this is the new HL50.

Specs: (not final) 400 max lumens, 30gram weight, IPX8, 1x CR123 or 1x AA, possible release in May.

Last edited:

rojos

Enlightened
A bolted down bezel and a spring clamp retainer on a rigid forehead plate - I think both of those are ideas that have been floating around this forum for a while as features that Zebralight should implement on their headlamps. I'm glad at least someone is listening.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
As how it looks, I say CR123 too. But specs aren't final yet, so we'll see :)
Swappeable between CR123 and AA will be great..like how Nitecore did with their SRT3... :D

If Fenix are smart they'll make either CR123 or AA with input voltage up to 4.2v.

But alas, it will not be.
Maybe this round they would make an exception... fingers cross:grin2:

Chris762

Newly Enlightened
As to the prototype I have seen and used, it comes with an extender that will accommodate both AA and CR123.

Yep, pretty cool!

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
As to the prototype I have seen and used, it comes with an extender that will accommodate both AA and CR123.

Yep, pretty cool!

yeah looks like an extender will be used because of the size. interesting. this reminds me of the SG3.

on the holder, i don't think there is a perfect setup. if you don't tilt your headlamp often, then maybe this would offer the rigidity to reduce the bounce. but they have this on the HL10 and the holder scratched off the anodizing. also, it didn't rotate as freely as a silicone holder. the feeling was like nails on a blackboard when rotating. drove me nuts. i put my HL10 on some homemade elastic band and love it this way.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I watched the youtube video in post #12.

Are the modes of 4, 60, and 170 lumens for running on an AA or CR123 ?

Is this an AA flashlight with an extender for CR123 or a CR123 flashlight with an extender for AA ?

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was thinking of getting the Xtar H1 but after seeing this, I'll wait until this comes out and compare the two...

When will it be released?

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
I watched the youtube video in post #12.

Are the modes of 4, 60, and 170 lumens for running on an AA or CR123 ?

Is this an AA flashlight with an extender for CR123 or a CR123 flashlight with an extender for AA ?

It's a CR123 light with option to run AA.

markr6

Flashaholic
That, and I like that new headband-color.

Yes! No longer like something from the 1970s!

Also like the looks of that big switch. I don't understand the metal part behind the light, but we'll see how it feels.