• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **(SOLD)** Deft-X for sale

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh boy here I go again with my extravagant 'New toy' ideas lol, I've been researching cameras and now I'm eyeing up a very expensive DSLR camera. Should I buy it? I'll put the decision into CPF's hands, if I can sell my Deft-X for $800 shipped in the USA then I'll buy the camera...if I can't get $800 for it then no sale I'll keep the Deft-X (I know that the last guy who just sold one got counter offers, not interested in counter offers, if I can't get $800 not interested in selling).

My Deft-X is rated at 1,010K candela. It has only been used a handful of times it has never been dropped or seen any abuse, in fact I completely baby it I don't even let it get dirty. There is one stipulation about my Deft-X (that I think is a good thing). Originally I took the top bezel off to look at the LED and then I later found out that it SHOULD NOT be taken off because Saab pulls a vacuum on it and if you take it off you can introduce micro particles into the LED section. In addition to that the mere fact that I took it off means that I rotated the bezel which was perfectly set by Saab to the perfect adjustment setting (I have partial OCD so these 2 issues are probably not even a big deal but they bothered me). SO I sent my light back to Saab to have him pull a vacuum on the LED section again and re-adjust the setting for me.

SO after going thru that ordeal I decided to mark the top & bottem half of the bezel so that if it is ever accidently rotated out of focus again (which isn't hard to do) I'll know exactly where Saab originally set it to. So there is a Sharpie Mean Streak white line connecting the upper & lower halves of the bezel. The Sharpie Mean Streak is a very good water proof permanent marker BUT if you think that it is hideous looking there are ways to safely remove it. (but personally I like the idea of marking it where Saab 'The Man' set it to!!)

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Deft-X for sale

I didn't post beamshots because I figured Deft-X's reputation precedes itself http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?352661-DEFT-X-OMG-Strikes-Back!!!

I'll just post pics of the white line on the bezel that I made, the line don't bother me because I see this not as a shelf queen light but a pure performance light. I'm fine with the fact that the line may stop it from selling, i'm fine if it sells or if it doesn't sell this is why I said i'll let the CPF'ers make the decision for me lol, I probably won't even bump this thread if it slips away from the 1st page l'll just let it fall out of sight

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums...E8C86C7E-732-000000F5CB8AEC9B_zps7bbd9108.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums...010267AA-732-000000F94698D5C3_zpsd6145b9e.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums...2B8E33A1-732-000000F66E4DBB3C_zps06e190d2.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums...19FA3730-732-000000F79C3E6F79_zps9ea77ee9.jpg

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahh yes a post by Husker just reminded me that i forgot to mention that i'll include the REV bonus light that came with it. I never even used the REV i just put it in a drawer when I got it.

I believe I read that Windex can remove the white marking that I made. I know it comes off because I marked it before i sent it back to Saab and I asked him to remove it and he did I couldn't even tell that it was ever marked. I don't wanna remove it in case it don't sell

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast

man, I wish I could justify having three of these bad boys, I can't even justify my two :) How about taking off that bright white marker and using some silver automotive touch-up paint and just brush a straight line down the ribs. It would definitely look better. Good luck with the sale.

BVH

Flashaholic

Hey caddylover. I hailed from Burbank for many-a-year. Moved up north bout 5 years ago. But I'll always remember my unwanted rendezvous with the LAPD helo and their NightSun (acting for the Burbank PD air unit while they were out of service) when shining my VSS-1 and VSS-3 beams in the air - even after conferring with Burbank PD air that I would be doing such. So....be careful with those long-range beams!

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey caddylover. I hailed from Burbank for many-a-year. Moved up north bout 5 years ago. But I'll always remember my unwanted rendezvous with the LAPD helo and their NightSun (acting for the Burbank PD air unit while they were out of service) when shining my VSS-1 and VSS-3 beams in the air - even after conferring with Burbank PD air that I would be doing such. So....be careful with those long-range beams!

I hear yah. I have a few friends on the force but, I still waited 'til the coast was clear and made quick work of getting my shots and shutting down. It also helps that my mother-in-law is retired Burbank PD :)

jonathandowers

Newly Enlightened

I'm seriously interested if you're down to negotiate (I know you explicitly stated no counteroffers).

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about taking off that bright white marker and using some silver automotive touch-up paint and just brush a straight line down the ribs. It would definitely look better. Good luck with the sale.
Yeah I thought about replacing the line with something more aesthetically pleasing. But for some reason the line don't bother me, i don't think of it as a 'Looks' light at all so i don't care, no offense Saab i'm not calling it ugly I just never had that 'Ah good looking light' reaction to it. I do know a couple people who are good at art I suppose if i find myself in their company I might remove it and have them do something nicer, but it's not a priority to me

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm seriously interested if you're down to negotiate (I know you explicitly stated no counteroffers).
Yeah the reason i said i won't negotiate is because i'm on the fence about selling it, so my theory is to let the price tag make the decision for me. On top of wanting a camera I'm kind of eyeing up the Xevision LV-LX70 also which is insanely expensive. I wish I had your money BVH lol

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I wish I had my money, too!
I think it's safe to say that means your wife has it lol.

I just got a PM from somebody who has run into a tough time and needs to sell their Deft-X cheaper than me and didn't want to offend me by undercutting me, I replied that I am not a commie ******* i'm all for free market competition lol. That sucks that'll be 2 people now selling because of tough times, this is all fun & games for me so i don't mind waiting for his sale to clear first, good luck!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I said I wouldn't lower the price but that disease I have is kicking in where I must have a new toy...However since it will suck to let Deft-X go I only wanna lower it a little bit I'll go $750 shipped in the US (with bonus light, spare orings, spare button cover, and holster)...I think I have a problem with getting bored too fast with things

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is definitely a problem for me, too. I have bought and sold so many lights over the past year alone I have literally stopped keeping track. The good thing is at least I won't let myself buy a new one unless I came up with the money from selling ones I use less or don't want anymore for one reason or another. Good luck with your DEFT-X sale.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast

Folks, you really should see one of these in person.
Someone should grab this before the prices go higher due to the rarity of them.
Dont snooze on it.

Capolini

Banned

Folks, you really should see one of these in person.
Someone should grab this before the prices go higher due to the rarity of them.
Dont snooze on it.

Let me talk to "Capo" [Means Boss/Chief] in Italian and see what he says. He is in La Cosa Nostra!!! His pictures are below!

Capo-Spring2011007_zpsd758aa80.jpg

Capo_zpsb652fbf0.jpg

11484017113_130801e1dc_z.jpg

He told me if I did not post 3 pics. that I would be "Swimming with the fish"!!