"Blue Star" on Steroids

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

based on the Blue Star - originally build by overdog - I want to show you my first modified flashlight with my first post on this board :wave: Finally I used the following parts:
- UltraFire C2 Body
- Optical Lens 75mm
- 109 LED Lamp
- Arctic Silver Adhesive
- Noctigon XP-G2 R5 dedomed
- Fasttech V10+ 4A Driver
- Wavien RLT Collar (small)
- Panasonic NCR18650PD

Without the collar about 65€ for the parts.

tala_28.jpg

tala_42.jpg

tala_49.jpg

As I inserted the Wavien Collar yesterday, I have no current Beamshots. So, here are some older Beamshots without Collar from different stages of Evolution.

Distance 430m. XP-G2@3A with Dome. About 250 KLux.

tala_35.jpg

XP-G2@4A dedomed. About 500 KLux.

tala_43.jpg

I hope i can make some new Beamshots this week.

Lux are after a lot of testing with the Wavien RLT Collar (measured from 6 meters and calculated back to 1 meter) 795.600 Lux :D That means the collar boosts my setup about 60%.

Thank you for watching and best regards

Kenjii

borg

Newly Enlightened
Awesome build !
Your first build and you hunted directly for the monster throw ! I respect that :)

I will do a similar build but I will use the XP E2 r4 1c noctigon dedomed at 2,5A .

Where did you get your lens from ? What is the focal length ?

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

the Lens is from DX, but it isn't in stock at the Moment. Kaidomain is an alternative. Focal length is about 70mm.

The flashlight is really easy to build. Really tricky is the adjustment on the Wavien Collar. 1/10mm higher (a stripe of tape) made a difference of 100 Klux/kcd.

Regards

Kenjii

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Your first build and you hunted directly for the monster throw ! I respect that :)

Hy,

there are more than enough flashlights that flood ;-) I want Throw. So the next build should perform almost at the same Level but with reflector. The Host is on the way :D

Greetings

Kenjii

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Tobrien, if you want to imagine 1 MLux search for mash.m's Black Bullet. That kicks a lot!

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

i tried to make some Beamshots yesterday. I searched for a while to find a location that fits the needs of this Superthrower. But i had no luck with the camera settings. The best one is a bit overexposed and i forgot to make a control shot ...

Funny is the fact that i tried to reach a building next to a Silo about 850 metes away but i missed it and remarked at home that i targeted a building of a furniture shop that was 1350 metres away. Wow, that thing throws really far!

Nikon P100, f=2.8, 3 Sec., Iso 400

tala_51.jpg

Regards

Kenjii

Awesome thrower. The wavien collar has me intrigued.

I'd like to have a go at making something like that but the last couple of lens I have ordered from DX all su#&, they are useless to me.

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
I know that. My last two lenses (104mm, no focussing possible, see image below) from Kaidomain were bad, too. It´s kind of a lottery. But there´s no other option for cheap lenses.

tala_41.jpg

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
I got a new one for free but that was bad, too. I now have an Open order from fasttech.

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

the new 100mm lens from Fasttech arrived and i decided to build a Turbohead from tubes of an exhaust hood (white) :D These tubes have a diameter of 100mm and fit perfect for the lens. Extension tubes (dark grey) which fit perfect are used to hold the lens in position.

Frankenstein has never been pretty :)

tala_81.jpg

tala_82.jpg

And here are Beamshots. The spot is crazy small (about 2m x 2m) :D The first one was taken with fully focussed image of the LED in about 250 metres. The second one is taken with slightly defocussed LED (about 2mm further away form the LED), but much higher output.

Nikon P100, 3 Sec., f=4,5, ISO400

641 KLux

tala_83.jpg

1,2 MLux :devil: Not the nicest spot, but throws like hell!

tala_84.jpg

I think for maximum Output the projected image has to be defocussed slightly, to get the emitter right in place exactly in the focus of the lens.

Greetings

Kenjii

PS: Remember this one runs with 4 Amps only ....

borg

Newly Enlightened
Now that is Blue Star on "steroids overdose" :)

Ugly? yes.
Does it do the job? yes also :D

Hmm, i find a little bit strange the fact that you have to slightly defocus the spot to get the best throw.

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
Hy,

today I added some applications. GITD Powder mixed with some gel for french nails :rolleyes:

Greetings

Kenjii

tala_97.jpg

tala_98.jpg

Latest posts