The Gingerbread Man

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I went to a friend's annual Christmas party tonight. There were about 40 people there. It was catered by one of the best places in town. Everyone was dressed up and we had a great time. We were able to get a sitter for my son, which means for the first time in 2 years it was my wife, daughter and myself together away from the house.

The hostess wanted a gingerbread house for the party so she called my wife for help. My wife downloaded the instructions and made the pieces for the house, including stained glass windows made from candy that she made herself. Once she had all the pieces ready and 9 hours of work later she delivered the pieces to our friend yesterday. Our friend, her daughter and her Mother-in-law spent 5 hours assembling and decorating the house last night.

The house was the center of attention at the party with people gathering around to examine its detail. I noticed something was missing. With the house assembled the stained glass multi colored windows that my wife spent hours working on looked black. The darkness inside the house rendered the windows useless. (By now you know where I am going with this.) Yes the house had a door, a very small door mind you, probably 1" x 1.5" and the door itself was just cracked open a little. When no one was looking I took my ARC AAA and pushed it thought the small opening. The windows lit up and it looked great! 30 seconds later I heard, "wow, look at the beautiful glass in the windows." My wife and her friend heard the comment and looked through the crowd. They immediately knew who was responsible before they even reached the table. I was standing there with a big grin on my face. Everyone came back to look so I wandered off.

A couple of hours later a real nice guy that happens to own a bunch of Subway sandwich shops ask me about the light as it was still burning but had dropped to moon mode. I asked him to hold on a minute because I was replacing the ARC with a Pelican L1. The L1 couldn't fit thought the door but provided plenty of light when set outside the door. I showed him the ARC AAA and he commented he wanted to get a new light for hunting, something that would run at least an hour, was small, durable and reliable. (This was the question we all dream about getting) I reached in my pocket and pulled out my L4. I explained all its benefits and he was very, very impressed. He said he thought he would like to buy one and then asked the hard question, "How much does one of those cost?" (I knew the fun couldn't last forever. I answered and of course his response was "WOW". I told him about CPF, E2E's, Scorpions, TL2's and Pelican M-6's. His interest was rekindled and he asked me to write down the names and tell him where he could buy one of the last 3, I didn't tell him. I said, Scott, what you need to do is a little research. I want you to go to Candlepowerforums.com and look around. If you can't make up your mind or if you get lost then PM me from the site and I will send you links to the threads I think would help you out. He sounded excited and said he would take a look on Monday. Scott is pretty big into RC cars and planes. He frequents a forum on that subject so he knows his way around a site. He should fit in well with flashaholics.

Happy Holidays

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
welcome aboard scott! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

truly a great story dave! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Gingerbread man: Alright! Do you know...the muffin man?
Farquaad: The muffin man?
Gingerbread man: The muffin man.
Farquaad: Yes, I know the muffin man. Who lives on Drury Lane?
Gingerbread man: She's married to the muffin man--
Farquaad: The muffin man?!?
Gingerbread man: THE MUFFIN MAN!!!

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Happy Holidays too! Nice story. Did anyone eat the Gingerbread house afterwards? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When my friends ask how much my ARC costs, they just kind of shake their head and raise their eyebrows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif