SWM V10R Ti+ control ring question

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have a V10R Ti+ that I like quite a bit overall - the only issue I have is the control ring has a little bit less resistance than I'd like - I can bump it in normal use and change levels. I'd like to add a bit of resistance to the feel but have no idea how it is attached and what, if anything, I can do to increase it.

If I could add a bit of silicone plumbers grease that would likely work ... maybe?

Any thoughts suggestions or successes?

gunga

Flashaholic
Unscrew the head, just above the control ring (there are a few guides around), then you can remove the control ring and experiment with different greases.

All mine are open (used v-groove pliers and rubber straps from strap wrenches) with combos of damping greases.

gunga

Flashaholic
No problem! I read finish line red synthetic grease has good damping but have not tried so ymmv. Should be found in bike shops.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to try something without disassembling the light I've used CRC Dielectric grease. Work it into both sides of the ring, worked really well on a couple of lights I've done it to. Picked it up at Home Depot, also works well on threads and o rings.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Silicone plumbers grease works well, and adds a nice feel to the ring movement.

While you have the head disassembled, Lighthound sells some small glow o-rings that fit around the emitter...