Worlds longest throwing (Still in Production) LED Light at the moment?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Ok, so while the overall record goes to the DEFTX, with the SAD news that thats now out of the picture (I belive suubluster is discontinuing them) what is now the worlds longest throwing LED light that we can physicaly buy??

I would assume it would have to be the K50v2VN?? Or is there another that I dont know about?

Or will another aspheric take its place (Maby a successor to the mighty DEFTX) or is the sheer proformance of reflector based lights these days going to mean we see more and more of the likes of the K50V2

I was just imagining what we could do with a More powerfullL LED light a MGT driven very hard, so long as we can heat sink it and get it foucused (would need a HUGE AND DEEP! relfector, would not be a small light but would be a awsome one!!)

Discsuss....

Oh P.S I am talking normaly lights not like a XM18 with silly LEDs I am talking about a torch still not a spot light.

Would be intresting to see answers for both the single Emitter catorgory and Multi Emmitor catorgry.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I know I did see that, but you were one of the last I think, Thank you for the reply, I am very surprised TBH that this has not had more attention as it has had tons of viwes, I thought it would be a fairly popular thread but Huh? oh welll.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Hands down winner
DU00007_zpsb3a61577.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
What about the eagletac MX25L2 with the turbo head an SBT70 led : measured mine 14000lux at 4meter : 220000lux at 1 meter. (stock)
Greetings Marc

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
since when are "vn"-lights production lights?

The strongest production led throwers are the:
- Olight SR-95S UT
- Eagletac MX25L2 Turbo with SBT-70
- Thrunite TN-32

Their throw is basically the same. The Thrunite is noticeably cheaper and more compact. The other two probably emit a few more lumens.

The strongest Vn-thrower is the K50 with 670klux.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anything with a reflector throw as far as a focused aspheric optic?

I mean, outside of the maxablaster. :p

Yes, but it demands several times higher output in lumens. Some month ago I received the very first reflector light outthrowing Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens: Armytek Barracuda. While the output with the aspheric lens is around 100lm the Barracuda has around 900lm(OTF).

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anything with a reflector throw as far as a focused aspheric optic?

I mean, outside of the maxablaster. :p

Well yes, you just need a bigger reflector. A guy in the German TLF forum has a modded light that does atound 970klux. It uses the head of an Olight SR-90 and a de-domed XP-G2 @ 5A. See here.

He has also just recently had someone build him the "led lux monster" which is basically spotlight host fittet with a giant heatsink and three XP-G2s in SR-90 reflectors. It does around 2 million lux.

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replys guys, I guess I have cuased some confusion, by Production, I mean any LED light that can be bought, aka it can be modded, just cant be a one off only one person can buy or something someone has made as a one of for themselves, so I consider modded lights such as VN lights production lights as I could go buy one today if I had the money, where as I belive I cant, (or soon wont be able to) Buy a Deft X.

I can see how this can creat confusion, verry sorry guys, so out of any light that can be purchesed, exludeing the DEFTX, includeing modded lights, I assume the K50v2VN takes the thropy then?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Well yes, you just need a bigger reflector. A guy in the German TLF forum has a modded light that does atound 970klux. it uses the head of an Olight SR-90 and a de-domed XP-G2 @ 5A. See here.

He has also just recently had someone build him the "led lux monster" which is basically spotlight host fittet with a giant heatsink and thre XP-G2s in SR-90 reflectors. It does around 2 million lux.

SHOCKED FACE!!! 2M LUX FROM A LED SCORCE!!!!!

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
SHOCKED FACE!!! 2M LUX FROM A LED SCORCE!!!!!

Yes I know. I have not seen it, but I will in a few months at a get-together here in Germany.
The other light I have seen. It's very cool.

Please remeber though: the SR-90 reflectors each have a diameter of around 10cm. Now imagine 3 of them in host that can hold them all... It's a very big light.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
That had to be quite a chore getting the XP-G2 in the focal point of that huge SR90 reflector. Very worth the hassle, though!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knew I shouldn't have opened this tread. Now I'm wondering how a de-domed XP-G2 would work in a M3X? ... I guess it's time to talk to Wayne.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knew I shouldn't have opened this tread. Now I'm wondering how a de-domed XP-G2 would work in a M3X? ... I guess it's time to talk to Wayne.

If you tell me the diameter of the reflector (and possbly also the diameter of the led hole) I can calculate the throw for you. The calculation is actually quite precise.

Last edited:

Latest posts