Surefire 6P aftermarket tailcaps

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, hope I am posting in the correct section. I am looking for different option for a SF 6P tailcap... ideas guys?

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
the RPM's are not quite my style. The oveready Triad is only available in the glow powder. I am unable to find a Leef or fivemega anywhere online, sources? Are the solar force decent quality?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
^and the malkoffs almost look like they came on the 6p from sf, the knurling pattern & lines etc. match its body so well.

I like the triad. Its shape tailstands & protects from accidentals without requiring a direct vertical "poke" down like with some full shrouds as deep, just mash it. Best of both worlds even if it's kind of an eyesore on a 6p. Ano a step below than the malkoff, and both softer than even sf's lower grade anodization on the 6p, but i don't care, everything else about the triad is too good.

Hey guys, hope I am posting in the correct section. I am looking for different option for a SF 6P tailcap... ideas guys?

What are you looking to do, tailstand &/or clicky? Otherwise maybe there's just another stock sf tailcap out there for you.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
What are you looking to do, tailstand &/or clicky? Otherwise maybe there's just another stock sf tailcap out there for you.

I currently use a Z49, but it seems to require more pressure to turn on as of late, so a replacement. But because I have a leef grip on the 6P body, I would like a fatter tail cap like the Z49. Cannot find Z49's anywhere, thus looking after market.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Next question... Can I replace the guts of my Z49 with a McClicky? Is there a 2 stage McClicky?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not just get a Surefire Z59 Clicky Tail Cap that fits the 6P and 9P along with a few others perfectly and be done with it? It is a clicky that replaces the twisty.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Why not just get a Surefire Z59 Clicky Tail Cap that fits the 6P and 9P along with a few others perfectly and be done with it? It is a clicky that replaces the twisty.

Reason? This will sound silly, but I have a Leef grip on my lights and they make the light thicker. The Z59 tailcap is narrower and to me, looks silly. The Z49 is a larger diameter tailcap and matches the thickness of the leef. The clicker inside the Z49 is acting up and I would like to just switch it, but am unsure of all I need to order from oveready is my problem. Changing the parts will be relatively easy for me, it is just knowing which parts is the catch.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
(match thicker body)

In that case you should know the malkoff & triad are both the same diameter as the stock 6p body.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Sorry. I thought you were looking for an aftermarket tail cap for a Surefire 6P?

Aftermarket, yes. I was thinking to get a different one altogether, but if it is easier and more logical to change the clicker, I can do that as well.