Rechargeable Flashlights!!!

K-Tex

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the light above. Called Eagtac, they did noy have necessarily the best service. Anyways, the light should be here tomorrow. I think this SX25L2 is marketed towards law enforcement, probably due to its power, long runtimes, and a nice reading mode. We'll see. I wasn't looking for something so big, but there are some features that are appealing.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly Streamlight Strion. (And not the LED version.)

Though since it's the LED forum. I'll go with my old single-output Inova T4.

ven

Flashaholic
Have a couple of rechargeable,the nitecore p25 and tm15.The latter slightly undercharges(presume deliberately to just over 4.1v) which is a good thing for battery long term life,Its handy to have,also an extra charger or saves taking a charger for trips were carrying less equipment is beneficial.

In truth charger or not,its no deal breaker for me,just like the option/benefit........

Down side they can take a little longer to charge over a dedicated charger,the light cant be used(obv charging cell separate allows use with light with spare cells).

Some peeps put off as its an extra thing to go wrong.........thats not one of my concerns though.Finally it could be argued it could effect the water proof rating or allow water past the usually soft fitting bungs.Again i dont go swimming with my lights and rain wont get past.........even UK rain:faint::laughing:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Eagletac SX25L2 in neutral white and I love it. The whole design and form factor work very well for me on patrol. It is very easy to turn on thanks to the protruding button and it is not too heavy, either. I have no problem operating it with gloves. I work with some guys that have some Streamlight rechargeables and they really like those, too. I think they are Strion LED models.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly Streamlight Strion. (And not the LED version.)

Though since it's the LED forum. I'll go with my old single-output Inova T4.

The Strion and T4 are both great lights, i am wondering how it would go with a brighter, more neutral tinted LED though - has anyone ever modded one ?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favourite is a trade store bought Defender (cost £29.95) complete with mains and car charger and one 18650 battery.Med-High-2 x Strobe.

As the retail/trade bricks and mortar sheds take more notice of Led the choice is becoming far greater and i need not pay silly inflated prices for branded.

sampson2269

Newly Enlightened
sampson2269, how far does that foursevens throw? How bright (lux) is it?. I couldn't find it on their site.

I'm not sure exactly how far the throw is, but I think it's pretty decent. Also don't know how many lux I'm sure someone else will chime in on that though. Sorry I'm not much help on the technical details.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
Just received my first rechargeable flashlight in the mail, a Fenix UC40 UE. I am currently charging it overnight and hope that it works. The tail cap is displaying a Solid Green light, which would indicate that it is already charged, but the light does not turn on. I will let you all know how it goes in the morning after a full night of charging on the ARB-L1T 3400mah battery. The light does function with my protected 18650 battery.

I am very excited about these type of lights and see them becoming the industry standard. Fenix has hit it out of the park with this concept.

Have a Good One!!

smw1138

Newly Enlightened
I have an MX25L2 and love it.

1) Great build quality
2) UI perfect for me - twisty selection + decent side clicky
3) LED charge indicator. I really like having a simple warning to let me know when to recharge.
4) Flexibilty of mains or car charger
5) No need to remove batteries for charging.

If I hadn't spent so much on the MX I would definitely consider the GX or SX.

ilovehaters

Newly Enlightened
I have Klarus RS11 and I have ordred Feniz UC40 UE.

I think you will be happy with the UC 40 UE. I have been very happy with mine. Make sure to take the caps off the ends of the battery. The instructions are not in the book, but there is a sticker on the plastic on the inside packaging.

sdoros

Newly Enlightened
I think you will be happy with the UC 40 UE. I have been very happy with mine. Make sure to take the caps off the ends of the battery. The instructions are not in the book, but there is a sticker on the plastic on the inside packaging.

Thanks for the info.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
I'd personally rather not charge Li-Ions in a sealed metal tube.

Seems to me that the extra complexity of fitting a charging circuit into the light is also adding more potential failure points.

As has been pointed out, I can't use the light while it is charging.

On the whole, I'd rather simply carry spare cells. YMMV.