Help Upgrading 6P/G2

ghostrider

Enlightened
Hello all,
I haven't visited these boards in quite some time, but ran into a flasholic the other day so I started looking at lights again.

I've got an idea of what I want but didn't find what I'm looking for through research the past few days, so I'm hoping what I want is doable and that you can help me.

I've got a 6P with the A19 extender, and a G2 (both incans). I'm not sure what I want to do with the G2, but I'm hoping to upgrade the 6P into a dual mode unit that opperates like the L1 did with pressing the tailcap partway for the low, and pressing further for the high. Can I do this with the 6P simply (like maybe reace the tailcap and dropin another LA)? I'm not sure if I want to continue using the A19, but would like to know what my options are.

I've got a multi mode light with a clicky but have found that I just don't like having to cycle tbrough the modes. A friend had an L1 so I know that feature would suite me better

I'd like to get as much lumens as possible in the high mode and around 20-30lumens on the low.
Can this be done with the 6P, and what do I need if it can? Same question for the G2??

ghostrider

Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I watched the video in that thread and that switch cycles throuth modes. (or am I wrong in that?) I also didn't understand a lot of the terminology.

Maybe I should have said before, but I don't know what I'm doing and hav not done any modding before.

I don't know how to disassemble the tailcap switch. Looking at the following thread makes it sound simple:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?83844-McE2S-for-C-M-bodies-prototype-evaluated-!!!
Some questions I do have: Do I just grab the spring with a pair of pliers and yank it out. Won't that ruin the spring?

I also did a search for "switch" at the Sandwi h Shop. They have a 2-level switch for the firefly,but it doesn't give any more description than that. Do I need to look somewhere else on that site.

I don't mind doing a little work, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want to keep using the lights as incandescent lights or do you want to change to LED?

There used to be a two-stage tail cap upgrade available and they pop up occasionally on the Marketplace, but, they're highly sought after and priced accordingly. No one is going to reproduce them since the reason they stopped making them was that Surefire asked the manufacturer nicely to stop.

ghostrider

Enlightened
Do you want to keep using the lights as incandescent lights or do you want to change to LED?

There used to be a two-stage tail cap upgrade available and they pop up occasionally on the Marketplace, but, they're highly sought after and priced accordingly. No one is going to reproduce them since the reason they stopped making them was that Surefire asked the manufacturer nicely to stop.
LED.

So my only chance is to hope someone decides to part with theirs? Does anyone make a light like this? It sounds like Siurefires are going to have to go back in the drawer.