Changing tail cap on Sunwayman V10RTi

59ride

Enlightened
Hi
I am pretty new to this and my first light is the above light.
Does it already come with electronic tail switch ? or a clicky ?
I ordered a Electronic tail switch with trits and am a bit stuck as to how to change it over
Any help would be appreciated
thanks in advance

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think on the V10 and V11 you change the tailcap button by unscrewing the retaining ring around the switchboot from the outside of the tail. You may need long-nosed pliers or something to help unscrew it.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is threaded and unscrews. There should either be two small holes in it to insert snap ring pliers or there should be indents for a wrench.

I don't have the V10RTi, but I do have a V10A, V10R, and V11R. All of them used the same tailcap system. Depending on your model, the ring may be hard to see. It might look like the body of the light around the switchboot... but it's actually a retaining ring.

Most lights you access the switch from the inside of the tailcap where the battery is located. These Sunwaymans are a little unusual in that you acces the switch compartment from the outside of the light where the switchboot is.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good info from Fireclaw18.

I will add the holes are tiny. I have lots of small hand tools but had nothing that was small enough.
Tweezers with fine points needed.
Check ShineonYouCrazyDiamond's sales threads for his custom switches - he is supplying tweezers sourced from international outdoor.
I found some locally, I'd call them needle point tweezers.

egrep

Enlightened
I have a number of these lights. Be very careful when removing and installing the switch. The right size tool is imperative or you will slip and scratch things up pretty badly. the notches aren't that big or deep. Also, you'll likely find the button on that switch is 'mushy'. Contact Hanko Machine Works at [email protected] and Jeff can rebuild the switch to make it vastly better and more tactile. If you're handy I can tell you how to do it yourself. ;)

Congratulations on the Gunner Grip EX11.2's by the way, outstanding light! And both Duane and Jeff are great people to do business with!

59ride

Enlightened
ok cheers fellas
yeah egrep, its a work of art mate, feels amazingly "silky" in the hand, lol never thought i would say that, the 3D tail is a trip, can't exactly work out how it works looking at it, looks to be an optical illusion, won't be a shelf queen but won't be an EDC either.
Duane and Jeff have been very good to deal with. I reckon i drove duane mad with 20 or so emails :) ...(sorry mate if you on here)