What´s up with the KL4, 5, 6 & 7?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the SF2003 catalog page 19, the picture on the right, 100 lumens? 5 watts? When? looks pretty amazing, If you do a closeup you see a reflector in there, maybe they are SE LS´s!

Al?,PK? Please tell us more!

Awesome pics!

Alex

CiTY

Enlightened
Interesting, I just ordered the catalog last week. Any Ideas when this stuff will be released?
I guess SF can dominate the 5w market since ARC isn't going there.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF. BIG IF
rolleyes.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll go out on a limb and say that these bezels will be manufactured (per availability of emitters). Surefire seems to appreciate the importance of the higher luminous efficacy of the 5W Luxeons (even accounting for regulator efficiencies). The bezels look to be reflectored which makes them very 'mainstream' Surefire (I expect good throw from a deep reflectored high dome or of course a reflectored SE).

Cheers.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If SF get into 5W LS market, they might be able to get X binned LS that would be more than 200 lumen!

Alan

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha.... if there really is a X bin LS, I'm sure it would be snapped up by a lot of people. Assuming there is one, with efficacy of 50 lumens/watt, it's almost on par with HID...

LED technology sure move fast...

Entropy

Enlightened
According to the LED Museum, Luxeons have achieved over 100 lumens/watt. (Must likely severely underdriven and heavily cooled...)

Of course you'll never see anything close to that in the real world, at least not for another few years.
frown.gif