New Zebralight H600W MKII L2 2014

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received word from ZL that there will be a new H600W MKII "L2" to replace the 2013 model.

I'm not sure how it differs from the 2013 model tho.

They said lead time was 3 weeks.

I'm sure there's going to be a cool version too in fact if the W is supposed to be here in 3 weeks then you'd think the cool would be out already.

Or maybe they meant 3 weeks for the cool...

Anyways, I'm excited to see what changes they've made :)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they'd get a H52/H600 (in any variant) or the H32/H302s in cool white, never mind a newer model of one they havent ever had in cool white to begin with. Heck when did the H52 come out in August/September? They still dont have it in cool white. I'm still waiting for the H600F or H600 MKII in cool white and they have been out in warm LEDs since October 2013... Would I like a MKII 2014 edition? Sure... but I'm one of the ones still waiting for the 2013 edition.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I just posted this in an older H600 thread, but I'll paste it here since it's a more appropriate thread:

I'm curious about the difference over the H600w II too. Seems like that one was just released! Emitter? UI? Already has the NW XM-L2, 3-click strobe, 4-click battery meter. Some other surprise?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious too..
They didn't mention what the updates were in the email.
I'm dubious of the "three weeks lead time" but maybe we'll be surprised :)

I personally hope they don't add a bunch of new "features".
I like the zebra UI but prefer to KISS.
Click 10 times for this or that etc.

The nice thing about 18650 lights is u can usually just turn it on hi & not worry about runtime.

d1337

Enlightened
Are you sure that this isn't just miscommunication? I mean it seems like they just came out with the L2 update and seem to be in and out of stock. Maybe they were referring to the L2 version as the 2014 update? Three weeks sounds like a realistic timeframe to be back in stock vs a launch of a new update.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure that this isn't just miscommunication? I mean it seems like they just came out with the L2 update and seem to be in and out of stock. Maybe they were referring to the L2 version as the 2014 update? Three weeks sounds like a realistic timeframe to be back in stock vs a launch of a new update.

Idk - I hadn't heard of an L2 version so it was news to me :)

Here's what they said (sorry mods, if this isn't kosher I'll remove it)

"We discontinued H600 MK II. New model H600w MK II L2 is in back order, the lead time is three weeks. "

The H600W MK2 has been out of stock for quite a while.

I assume the L2 is a newer version.
Please correct me if it's not!

d1337

Enlightened
The H600w MKII XM-L2 has been out for a few months but has been on and off backordered since it came out. Mine arrived about a month ago. If you look on the Zebralight website it is currently on there and has been for a while. It's a really great upgrade.

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh gotcha - there was an MKII that had the first gen XML in it?

I didn't realize L2 meant XML2 & thought all of the MKII came with the newer emitter.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weird - when they came out with the MKII it was supposed to have
the XML2 in it as well as being a little shorter & having PID etc.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The H600w MKII XM-L2 has been out for a few months but has been on and off backordered since it came out. Mine arrived about a month ago. If you look on the Zebralight website it is currently on there and has been for a while. It's a really great upgrade.

Not for the H600 and H600F in cool white though. I don't think it has EVER been in stock since the debut of the MKIIs as I have been waiting since Sept 2013.

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
An internal voltage meter would be nice. Knowing percentage of charge isn't very useful to me. More power will be very welcome. If it isn't on a direct bonded copper mcpcb, then it'll be a good time to add it.

dafeichu

Newly Enlightened
I emailed them tonight regarding when the H600w MKII will be in stock and the response was "It will be 'in stock' in two weeks."