Question For The Surefire Guru's Please. E2D Incandescent Help. Options For Upgrade ?

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
I have an E2D that I would like to bring back to life. I've been reading and am getting kind of confused on my options.

From what I've read I can:

A) Buy a VME head (with lense) and a Malkoff M61x drop in ? Is that right ? Does a P60 drop in fit the VME head ?

B) Buy a E to C adapter from Lighthound and a Z44 (or equivalent) with a P60 drop in ? (I actually have a SolarForce head that fits my G2 so I believe this should fit the adapter ?)

Will either of these options work ?

Is there a better way ? I'm kinda' trying to do this on a budget so I'll be looking for used at the marketplace.

Last but not least... Does the clip on the E2D replaceable (I cut the clip off of it years ago) ?

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I appreciate it. :)

m4a1usr

Enlightened
You could do any of those you have asked about. A) is a great option. Just not cheap. B) if your patient you will find an E2C in the CPF market place. I just got one not too long ago for my A2 Lego. The clip on the E series is replaceable. You take off the bezel and O-ring for installation. Go the Surefire Rapid Parts Replacement web page and you can get one for free. And if your not decided on what you want to use to beef up the lumens you can look at this. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?380968-G20-Drop-in-for-our-E1-E2-addiction

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the singLED by Tana. Not cheap, but not overly expensive either.