Clone / fake flashlights?

rexfan10

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
I was wandering are there many "fake" flashlights going around and wether or not i should be wary of them?
For eg. The nitecore p12 retails in the uk for £59.99 from the niteocre website and other websites. However On ebay there is one for £35 brand new from hong-kong. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NiteCore-...1076200?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item25868b7468
Is this a cheap copy of it, or is it a genuine nitecore?
If it is a cheap copy would it function just as well as the real one and still put out the same amount of light?

Thanks for your time,
Rex

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where there are quality goods with a booming market, there is always a black market trying to profit from it. The retail prices are always higher than the oversea prices of legitimate online-shops mainly form Asia because thats where most flashlights are produced. And there are always legitimate sellers how try to get the lowest price selling original flashlights. Though there are fake flashlights being sold for those prices too (there are some examples on here) and there exists fakes for all price ranges. If you really want to be sure to get the original product you have to buy from a legimate seller which you can always ask from the manufacturer.
You can still try to buy that light and in my opinion it could be original for that price but you could always be the victim of a fraud. If I were you I would buy from legitimate sellers.

rayman

Edit: I was too slow again :). Or you can always ask on here if the seller is legitimate.

ven

Flashaholic
I regularly import lights due to the savings,UK prices are very expensive generally (yes good deals can be found at times).BUT there is always an element of risk importing,what if it breaks etc.Some manufacturers have far better after care than others,always worth a little research just as you have done by asking the question regarding this p12.I tend to use the same trusted sellers and touch wood no issues years on.

So with the £25 saved,what light are you going to buy with that:D

rexfan10

Newly Enlightened
I regularly import lights due to the savings,UK prices are very expensive generally (yes good deals can be found at times).BUT there is always an element of risk importing,what if it breaks etc.Some manufacturers have far better after care than others,always worth a little research just as you have done by asking the question regarding this p12.I tend to use the same trusted sellers and touch wood no issues years on.

So with the £25 saved,what light are you going to buy with that:D

2x panasonic 3400mah 18650's to run it off :laughing: