Help me fix my AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Before I send it back for repair/replacement can anyone help me fix my Arc AAA.It only comes on some of the time and the only way to make it turn on when it doesn't want to is to completely remove the head and reinstall it,then it works again...for awhile.Once its on it works great,its getting it to turn on thats the problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
If it's an older light, search for the roll-crimp fix. If it a new light, Peter at ARC is probably interested in seeing it to see what caused the failure. If the latter, return it to ARC.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned 2 Arc AAAs, both have experienced flickering or inconsistant performance. I've done the roll crimp technique on both. The procedure worked but never cured the problem completely. Try it and see if it works for you, if it doesn't, send it back to Peter and he'll take care of it.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thoroughly CLEAN both sets of threads and both the negative contact in the bottom of the tube and the positive contact on the head. Make sure that the foam retainer is not blocking the battery to head contact when under pressure. Very lightly lube both contacts with a conductive grease and then the threads. For smoothness, lube the O ring, too.

I brought an AAA back to life doing this and now it's working like new.
Hope it works for you.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
Also try a new battery; recently, I'd be having a similar problem using a rayovac alkaline that I'd salvaged from my palm pilot. I finally decided to let it run down all the way (it ended up leaking acid and outgassing with a nice "pop"), and then replaced it with a slightly less old battery and now it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.