Senior finds a use for the strobe setting.

BudK

Newly Enlightened
Elderly Woman Victim of Lindenwold Home Invasion

NEWS RELEASE

Elderly Woman Victim of Lindenwold Home Invasion

Camden County Prosecutor Warren W. Faulk and Lindenwold Police Chief Thomas Brennan are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the person who assaulted an elderly woman and ransacked her home early Friday morning.

The intruder entered the woman's home on the first block of Fairmont Avenue in Lindenwold some time between 2 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. and covered the 93-year-old resident's eyes and mouth in duct tape, cut the home's phone line and blocked the halls so the woman couldn't escape. He then ransacked the home, taking cash and a bank book.

The woman was able to pull the tape off her eyes and set a flashlight in a window with the light's strobe setting on. A neighbor saw the flashing light and contacted police about 7:30 a.m.

Kudo's to her.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a pretty crazy story. I'm glad that she had the light and had the ability to use it. It's also pretty neat that her neighbor knew what to do to help her.

Frijid

Enlightened
I guess this was the time when a nosy neighbor actually was GOOD for something! My mini mag has strobe and SOS, i wonder if anyone today would recognize was SOS was when flashing?