Video: LS4 basic operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a video showing the basic operation of the LS4.

LS4basic (wmv - 6.86mb)

For the video, I used an early prototype. I will start a seperate thread soon for the second generation prototypes. This other thread will have comments from the beta testers, photos, etc.

I just posted this to show people how easy the light is to use. I would like to get some video in a week or two of novices trying to use the light.

Peter

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
HamanaHamanaHamanaHamana......

I don't know what to be more excited about. The funcionality, beam quality, size, techonology of the ARC LS4 or Peter Gransee's stunning good looks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Heehee

It looks very simple to use so far, however i would like to evaluate/buy one as soon as possible just to make sure. I think you have (another) winner and another majority of my paycheck in your hands Peter. I'm excited as ever...how about the rest of you?

P.S. I would also like to add. From your schematics of the final product, it sounds like you can choose two different types of momentary usage. I saw a Surefire video once where a team entered a room strobing there lights. Can the LS4 do this too just like a regular tailswitch would? I think this is a great platform for other lights to come...especially a 5 watt version. This would be the most advanced tactical light in the world!

unnerv

Enlightened
Wow...very cool. Can't wait, gotta start saving the pennies again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out that bright round hotspot! Never seen one of those from an Arc before! Nice to finally get a look at Mr. Gransee too.

I can't wait!

Peter

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really have to have one of those!
Soooo, if I am in a low setting and press and hold the button...will it go into boost? Is boost only available at the "normal" setting or both the low and high? Having the boost available at both setting would be great. Overall, the only thing I can see to improve the video is to have me staring in the production. Just send me one or two LS4's and I will make a really cool video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
... as a follow-up to above and based on what I've read in the decussions, think of the LS4 as always having 3-immediate levels (2-of which you set) available to you (assuming heat and battery conditions are OK).

You have a PRIMARY level set, a SECONDARY level set and finally the boost mode. All 3-of threse levels are quickly accessable via a click or two.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
dialup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

i'll let you know in a couple hours what i think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Same here...dial-up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
I tried to view the movie, and it seems to have played while I was in the other room screwing around with a Christmas tree, and would not re-play. So now I'm downloading it into another directory, and we'll see in about an hour. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

(Edit, around 7:43pm PST)
I finally finished downloading the movie and playing it.
Very nicely done!!!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the video isn't working for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

it's nice to hear peters sexy voice, but i want to see the moovy too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

any ideas?

mporter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Peter,

Very informative and nice to see and hear you.

I assume, when the LS4 comes to market, you will put a clip like this on the Arc website. With some closeup cuts of the LS4 in hand showing its size.

And perhaps have more than one run through of the three levels, say with a second light, to demonstrate how you can customize the intensity levels.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey is there anyway to save the video to your hard drive? With me, the link just opens media player and I can't save the file once it's loaded.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Hey is there anyway to save the video to your hard drive? With me, the link just opens media player and I can't save the file once it's loaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

In IE you can just right-click the link above and select Save.
It's just under 7MB.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Right click on the link.
2. Select "Save target as"
3. Download the file in 19 seconds @ 369 KB/Sec. Gotta LOVE that Comcast cable connection! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My apologies to those on dial-up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Peter

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sold also. I want the LS4 and when the LS5 comes out I want that one to. I want all ARC flashlights.

Where do I sign up and get on the list?

Thanks.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i shrunk it to 1 meg if any one wants it?and its ok with peter.the quality went down a bit.i got a 500 k version to but it realy looks bad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.