Will Fenix be coming out with an "Ultimate Edition" variant for the PD35?

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I'm thinking about getting a new high output EDC light and I was wondering if anyone knew if Fenix was planning on releasing a UE version of their awesome PD35. IF so, I'm definitely gonna hold off until its release. If not, getting ready to pull the trigger on an custom. Thanks!

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Will Fenix be coming out with an "Ultimate Edition" variant for the PD35?

Haven't heard of it, but to know for sure, I suggest you contact Fenix :)

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast

The "ultimate edition" lights that they released changed the emitters from xp-g's to xm-l's. Unless they stick an even bigger emitter in it I don't think the PD35 is going to get the "ultimate" treatment.

I love the xp-g platform, but it seems it's not getting nearly as much love as it used to.

buds224

Enlightened

A PD35 with better cooling so that it doesn't have a step-down from max output would be UE to me. :thumbsup:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, not going to happen.

Boxer4u

Newly Enlightened

I would like to know this also as I'm on the edge of picking up a pd35.The step down is a huge negative though.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like to know this also as I'm on the edge of picking up a pd35.The step down is a huge negative though.

Easy answer do not buy it,select something else.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened

If you look at the Fenix 2014 catalog, there is going to be an E35 Ultimate Edition with 900 Lumens.
This model is very similar to the PD35.
Not many people know about the 2014 Fenix catalog as it is hidden inside Fenix's website.

I think Fenix wants to use this model to compete with the Nitecore P12.

Note sure what is the difference between the Fenix PD35 and E35 UE.

But looks like Fenix E35 UE's retail price will be comparable with Nitecore P12. That is my guess.:naughty:

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened

If you look at the Fenix 2014 catalog, there is going to be an E35 Ultimate Edition with 900 Lumens.
Not many people know about the 2014 Fenix catalog as it is hidden inside Fenix's website.

But looks like Fenix E35 UE's retail price will be comparable with Nitecore P12. That is my guess.:naughty:

One difference is that the E35 UE uses the side switch for all functions. It has no tail clicky, meaning no momentary on function. For my usage patterns, having the side switch alone is easier to use than having both a side switch and a tail switch.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is not hidden at all it is a matter of navigating correctly.

nickdizonc

Newly Enlightened

I would hope Fenix came out with a UE edition for the PD35. I mean with the UC40 UE pumping out 960 lumens, there is certainly room for improvement for the pd35. And yea the step-down is a bit annoying. This is what essentially dethroned my PD35 from EDC in favor of the Thrunite TN12 2014 version. 1050 lumens of awesomeness in roughly the same form factor as the PD35. Got Thrunite hit one out of the park with their 2014 rendition of the TN12. The price point is amazing for what you get and from examination of the light it does appear to be of the same high caliber quality I've come to expect from Thrunite.

kj75

Enlightened

One difference is that the E35 UE uses the side switch for all functions. It has no tail clicky, meaning no momentary on function. For my usage patterns, having the side switch alone is easier to use than having both a side switch and a tail switch.

Other difference is the price....
I think you'll have almost two E35's UE for the price of one PD35...