Thrunite Fakes?

daveagriff

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I as wondering if anyone was aware of any fakes being sold of Thrunite lights. The reason I ask is that I recently bought a Lenser H7 online which turned out to be a fake and the identifying features were the lettering and numbering on the metal parts. I have now bought a Thrunite TN31 XM-L2 online and the lettering is different to the TN30 that I also have. The Thrunite logo on the handle is all in uppercase as opposed to the usual 'ThruNite', the font used is thinner and another thing is the screw threads are bare metal and not anodised. I can't find any images online that show any of this or any mention of there being fake Thrunite products out there.
I can post pics if this would help. The light seems the same quality as my TN30, I'd just like to be sure.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Griffiths

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome: Dave

Lenser imo is the most copied/counterfeit brand i know of,only way is authorised sellers............
Agree with thijsco19,contact thrunite and they will tell you:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
I can't imagine why there would be Thrunite fakes. The reason there are lenser fakes is because it's a name that even non flashaholics have heard of. More mainstream in other words.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't imagine why there would be Thrunite fakes. The reason there are lenser fakes is because it's a name that even non flashaholics have heard of. More mainstream in other words.

You could be suprised. Apparently, there is even Ultrafire fakes.

bassbonde

Newly Enlightened
I have a TN32 with the text written upside down compared to the TN32s I have seen on the internet. (Bought on ebay)
Does Thrunite make a few "lefthand-versions" or is it a fake? Otherwise I can't find anything wrong with the light.

-bassbonde

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Dave

Lenser imo is the most copied/counterfeit brand i know of,only way is authorised sellers............
Agree with thijsco19,contact thrunite and they will tell you:thumbsup:
Lenser's really the most copied? Do you have any examples you can cite. Personally never seen a lenser copy.

ven

Flashaholic
Lenser's really the most copied? Do you have any examples you can cite. Personally never seen a lenser copy.

There are 100s on ebay,will start with a uk bay No for just one example
Click on member,straight away china=fake,then if look into them closer some have had X amount of shops. Lenser close around 10 shops a week,they just open under another name..........ebay are useless at preventing!!

Fake looks like
Gold + and printed wrong

Real has silver + and looks like........(gold springs still)

Then there is the lenser id No
Real,notice how the serial No ends perfect with the Lenser print,not to mention they cant get the sticker symbol correct nor stick in right place(fakes are usually in line perfect with head grove)

Real business end

Often when look close print is not perfect or bits missing,out of alignment too...........but they are getting better.

There was a review on the new p7 on BLF ,i am not a member but viewed as guest so could not comment. I could tell it was a fake from a mile off..............so lots out there with poor quality lights thinking lenser is crap when in truth they are pretty good(not saying best value or best lights out there) but they are pretty good lights!

Hope of some use:thumbsup: and hope the counter fitters dont read this.............as it makes their fakes harder to spot. Simple solutions are,1-buy from reputable shop and ring ledco to confirm if any doubt,2- if its cheap its fake.........simple as that!!!

Regards ven:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Oh and the classic when confronted is "its old stock" :thumbsdow load of *beep* and yes i have spoke to ledco several times of past,info posted is correct. They do not ship or sell from china,only lenser distributors(even if made in china to german specs) as many other branded lights are these days!

ven

Flashaholic
I think Coast is a more known brand in the states:thumbsup:but as far as i am they are separate brands now.........

I had not heard of surefire for example before joining CPF or at least reading bout them just before joining:eek:

Europe side they are more well known,good/bad reasons...........

ven

Flashaholic
I have a TN32 with the text written upside down compared to the TN32s I have seen on the internet. (Bought on ebay)
Does Thrunite make a few "lefthand-versions" or is it a fake? Otherwise I can't find anything wrong with the light.

-bassbonde

Could be a QC issue regarding Thrunite,its not unusual for the odd light to slip through the net as with many other brands............in fact it seems to be more rife at present,be it tint,DOA ,LEDs not aligned to dust/debris under the lens.........with Fenix to Nitecore to..........!!!

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 100s on ebay,will start with a uk bay No for just one example
Click on member,straight away china=fake,then if look into them closer some have had X amount of shops. Lenser close around 10 shops a week,they just open under another name..........ebay are useless at preventing!!

Fake looks like
Gold + and printed wrong

Real has silver + and looks like........(gold springs still)

Then there is the lenser id No
Real,notice how the serial No ends perfect with the Lenser print,not to mention they cant get the sticker symbol correct nor stick in right place(fakes are usually in line perfect with head grove)

Real business end

Often when look close print is not perfect or bits missing,out of alignment too...........but they are getting better.

There was a review on the new p7 on BLF ,i am not a member but viewed as guest so could not comment. I could tell it was a fake from a mile off..............so lots out there with poor quality lights thinking lenser is crap when in truth they are pretty good(not saying best value or best lights out there) but they are pretty good lights!

Hope of some use:thumbsup: and hope the counter fitters dont read this.............as it makes their fakes harder to spot. Simple solutions are,1-buy from reputable shop and ring ledco to confirm if any doubt,2- if its cheap its fake.........simple as that!!!

Regards ven:thumbsup:
I haven't checked the eBay link. But I see nothing in the pics you've posted that hint fake. Just you being ultra fussy. Btw Lensers are made in China. So it's not unlikely to get them coming from there. Even as factory 2nds.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh and the classic when confronted is "its old stock" :thumbsdow load of *beep* and yes i have spoke to ledco several times of past,info posted is correct. They do not ship or sell from china,only lenser distributors(even if made in china to german specs) as many other branded lights are these days!
I think it highly unlikely you spoke to anyone who would actually be in a position to tell you the how's or whys of company practice.

ven

Flashaholic
I haven't checked the eBay link. But I see nothing in the pics you've posted that hint fake. Just you being ultra fussy. Btw Lensers are made in China. So it's not unlikely to get them coming from there. Even as factory 2nds.

I just explained and showed you pics,i cant do any more than that,am i missing something...............have a look again

ven

Flashaholic
I think it highly unlikely you spoke to anyone who would actually be in a position to tell you the how's or whys of company practice.

Dont follow,i did speak to ledco on the phone more than once and also several emails too, the lady was very pleasant and helpful and told me how many china bay shops they close on ebay..............:rolleyes: She was in a position to check parts and inform me about the fakes,what to look for hence knowing about sellers IDs etc and she was right as several have had 3..........8+ shops,some opened recent under different names. Take your chances;)

They are made in china now,state of the art facility ,but not shipped and sold from,they are distributed through lenser distributors ..........If not official distributors then you run a risk of fakes,simple as that. Then all you have to do is ring ledco with serial No and they will confirm either way for you without doubts..............

Ring ledco,sure they will advise you on fakes!!

I have shown you proof of fakes,if you dont believe me it makes no odds to me,you asked,i took time to show you and you did not even check ebay No.........why bother asking then???????

Least others will be aware on what to look for,if it has gold contacts on the + end and serial No are misaligned ,those are just 2 issues that stand out.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just explained and showed you pics,i cant do any more than that,am i missing something...............have a look again
So your only claim to them being fake is you think there is something wrong with the printing on the body side? But somehow these fakes have got the same anodising, the same perfect machining, the same TIR (that nobody else but Led Lenser use pretty much!!!) and the same electronics?