Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Thrunite [b]TN12[/b]

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Eagtac [b]D25LC2[/b]

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which were your pick(s) and which one is your preferred model? And why? :thinking:

I got myself the P12 and as white wall hunter am thinking that it could have a more perfect beam. Am missing Fenix-type of quality! :crazy:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased the PD35 first, then the P12. The PD35 has a better side-switch feel than the P12. The PD35 will not tail-stand - quite irritating. The P12 is brighter than the PD35. I sold both. the diameter was ok, but they were too long.

Boxer4u

Newly Enlightened
I haven't purchased one yet but I narrowed my choice down to the pd35. I wanted a light with a 1 inch body diameter and side switch for when it's attached to my rifle. I don't like the fact that the p12 has no mode in between the 210 lumen and the 950 lumen. Kind of bad scaling but I'm pretty new to high lumen cr123 type lights. Also, I did read through a review with some solid data that nitecore always over rates their lights and Fenix lights are under rated. The pd35 actually ended up putting out around 950 lumens and the p12 put out around 785.Hope this helps

FLAWLS1

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD35 and so far I like it a lot. Fit and finish of Fenix are great! Can't say anything about the P12 or TN12 since I've never owned/handled one.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like the fact that the p12 has no mode in between the 210 lumen and the 950 lumen.

I highly doubt you would notice the difference between 210 and an in-between mode.

Also, Nitecore does not over-rate their lights. I don't know what this "review with solid data" is that you read, but you should read this:

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Timely thread for me. I'm looking at one of the above - a good 1x18650 light approaching 1000lm.
The new TN12 seems like the winner to me - good spacing, the brightest (if manuf ratings are to be believed), and also the cheapest by a fair amount (~$45). The P12 may have more throw (?) and also has the battery level indicator - for $60 it's a good deal as well.
The Fenix is nearly double the price of the TN12, and the most expensive of this group. Why? I don't know. Brand name? Definitely a proven light though.
The Eagletac seems like the runt - lowest lumen count, no side switch, no level indicator.

I would like to see measured brightness ratings for each of the above - I couldn't find any actual measurements.

Last edited:

GTRmiami

Newly Enlightened
I compared the P12 to the PD35 and based on the specs on paper, I got the P12. I didn't know the TN12 existed until after I had bought the P12. Based solely on the paper specs, had I known about the TN12 I think I might have bought that one instead. I might still buy one just for the sake of it although I wish I would have known about the 2 for 1 deal that was going on a couple of weeks ago. Oh well....

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
IMG_4973_zps0ee79095.jpg

The PD35 just feels like a higher quality light than the TN12 including a better side button. The TN feels kinda' mushy. I really like the lower outputs of the TN though. I got a deal from Amazon
on it so it's a keeper for what I paid. I like the size of the E35 better than the other two. Never owned a P12...yet.

wedlpine

Enlightened
...I wish I would have known about the 2 for 1 deal that was going on a couple of weeks ago. Oh well....

It ended up not being 2 for 1, but some of us were lucky enough to get up to 50% taken off the price for only recieving one light. Others weren't as fortunate and ended up sending the light back.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering about the length myself. Thanks for the info.

Perhaps a useful response, albeit rather late: As time has passed and flashlight capabilities have increased, I find myself acquiring an 'allergy' to long lights. I disposed of all my lights that require end-to-end cells. 1x or parallel only. I have no more RCR123 lights either, primarily AAA/AA or 18650. my preferences in 18650 lights are from 100mm to 130mm or so. The TN12 (2014) is tempting for the lumens, but way too long. I also notice that competition is increasing and prices are dropping. I just hope a falling price does not also indicate a 'falling' quality level. As always, YMMV!

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Received my TN12 (2014) today. Initial impressions are quite good. Length is actually shorter than I expected (based purely on online pictures, it seemed quite long). In actual use, length is reasonable.<br><br>Can't compare brightness yet, but mode spacing seems just about ideal for me.<br><br>Without owning any of the competition, I can't provide a valid comparison. For $45 though, seemed like a good deal to me. My P60 Solarforce lights cost about the same when you factor in a Nailbender (or other) P60 module. The TN12 appears to have far better quality.

birderbill

Newly Enlightened
Lights of this size are my favorite general purpose light on international trips. The original TN12 was my 1st "pocket rocket". Unfortunately it currently suffers from the 3 flash disease when turned on in turbo. Otherwise it still works fine.

The PD32 UE was my next PR, brighter than the TN 12 and a nicer tint. Went looking for another one sometime later, but it was out of production and the P12 had just come out. P12 was brighter yet with a tighter hotspot and more throw. (I'm a bit of a thro ho.)

Prefer the moonlight mode and the UI of the P12 over the others, and the side button is easier to feel in the dark than the Fenix buttons.

The TN12 taught me I don't like twisty mode control.

I'm keeping all 3 for now, when I find small gadgets like these that ares handy and reasonably priced I like to have multiple copies stashed in various locations.

The new TN12 is tempting, however I'm trying to force myself to dish out a little more for one of the newer 4AA lights. Also waiting for a worthy successor to the TK75.

gsteve

Enlightened
I have the 35 and the tn12. I dont know how people are saying the quality is different from fenix. They are almost twins. The 35 has a cleaner sharper edge to the beam and the tn12 is maybe a tiny bit brighter. At 1/2 the cost id go with the tn12 every time.

GTRmiami

Newly Enlightened
I have the 35 and the tn12. I dont know how people are saying the quality is different from fenix. They are almost twins. The 35 has a cleaner sharper edge to the beam and the tn12 is maybe a tiny bit brighter. At 1/2 the cost id go with the tn12 every time.

I have the P12 and I definitely miss having a mode in between the 210 and 950 lumen modes. It's definitely noticeable. I may get a TN12 just because of that.