How long does it take to order from Surefire?

TimeTraveller

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, several days ago I've ordered a C2 online from Surefire! I can't wait to see it... the question is, how long does it take? It says it's "waiting for ship", and I don't know if there's any backorder items in my order (just nothing said in the webpage which item is backordered), so does anyone know how long it usually takes?

Thanks for your answer!

Screehopper

Enlightened
I ordered some batteries and some other accessories from them about three weeks ago and I got them in a timely fashion. I received emails from them throughout the process from

- order being processed
- order shipped, w/tracking info

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I too have been wondering the same thing. This is my first post here, but I have been reading the forum as a guest for about 3 or 4 weeks now.

I placed an order with SF right before Thanksgiving as a birthday present to myself. The order was a G2, a box of batteries, and a holster. Ever since I placed the order, it has been listed as "waiting to ship"

Then on December 9th, I got to thinking, I sure would like a 6P and they are on sale, so I ordered one of those. As of today that order is still listed as "waiting to ship" as well.

I did call SF on December 10th though just to check the status of my orders. I talked to a guy named Doug. He said they should ship any day now. One side note though, I had tried calling several days before and every time the phone would ring and ring and no answer. I was calling within their business hours, but it was in the afternoon. The time I actually got to speak to Doug, I called early in the morning. I believe their support opens at 6:30AM (8:30AM my time).

I have noticed some weird things going on with their website. For instance, on my orders, I can click refresh and sometimes it shows them adding tax, then next time, no tax on it.

Also since this is my first post, I may as well list my current flashlights. One 5D Maglite, one 3D Maglight, 2 AA mini-Mags, and assorted other cheapie lights.

Anxiously awaiting my SF's!
--Jason

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang on to your maglites they make great hosts for modding. I have never bought directly from Surefire. I have always gone through Dan at Tactical Warehouse. He is the best dealer for surefire products out there.Due to their Leo and govt. customers Surefire does run out frequently. Surefire lights are well worth the wait though.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
That's what I was thinking. With the war going on and the demand for SF's just in military community, I can see that they are definitely busy people.

So in the meantime I just keep reminding myself that they are filling orders for our guys stationed in the war zone and those guys are definitely in need of quality lights to save their skin.

From everything I have read and heard, I know it'll be worth the wait.

--Jason

TimeTraveller

Newly Enlightened
So basically, I can only wait huh...

I've called them today, and they said C2 is in backorder now... although M2 is available in stock. Change to M2 or not...?

RebelRAM

Enlightened
Just a followup on my order. I got an email this morning from UPS, courtesy of Surefire. It had a tracking number. The tracking info indicated that my package was scheduled to be delivered today. Apparently it shipped on the 11th of December. The order was placed on the 9th. So that's not bad. Would have been nice if I had gotten the email that it had shipped out the day that it actually shipped out. Anyways, my 6P arrived today at noon. I am very pleased!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now if my G2 order will just get here!

And yes, 10 minutes of playing with a 6P and I'm addicted to SF's. This first set of batteries will be used up real quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Jason

AS of 12/22/03 my G2 order arrived. I got the shipping email from UPS last night after my order had already arrived. And SF still shows both of my orders as waiting to ship on their website. Anyways, I am very pleased with my my two new toys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif